Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  Empty
PostSubject: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Should Christians be tolerant? Yes and no. We should live in love, but there are certain things (truth claims that oppose Christianity) that are impossible for us to tolerate.

Last edited by Lora on Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:55 am

I would have to ask how tolerance is defined. If it means being objective and permissive of anything that contradicts the true Word of God, then no, I will never be tolerant. I will be patient, kind and nurturing but never tolerant of sin or false doctrines. If you are asking about the ability to endure thru alternate and conflicting beliefs that differ from what the Truth is, then yes I will be very tolerant, otherwise how could I ever share the Word with anyone. It is the capacity to endure thru suffering and persecution and indifference that strengthens us and brings us closer to the Father. It also demonstrates HIS grace in us, which must be evident to those we want to reach.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Amen! I wholeheartedly agree!
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, you and I share thinks and junk, probably cause we have Jesus and the Spirit huh?
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Amen, so true. LOL, I just love your silliness!
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah , Elzie says I use cuteness as a weapon. Silliness is just one part of my repertoire.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  1806963828I agree with Elzie. Smart gal.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

weird thread crazy back to topic Please join the discussion people. We need to be discussing this stuff. Spiritual fitness is vital to this and the next life.
Back to top Go down
vinedresser
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
vinedresser

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:52 am

I have empathy for ignorance, but no sympathy for stupidity. The trick is to know when is which, and that is why discernment in and of the spirit is so vital to our walk as brothers and sisters in Christ. In the flesh we can still walk either way, also. Great topic.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Absolutely! Discernment in and of the spirit is vital, as well as, immersing ourselves in the Word to know the subtle rights and wrongs that surround us. The Bible is very clear in many areas, such as, homosexuality and divorce. Society wants us to accept homosexuality as something that people are born with, and people divorce on a whim. As Christians, this is not acceptable. We are to love the people but not their sin, and we should not shy away from saying so.

Last edited by Lora on Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Even if you are born gay, it is still a choice. Just like every other sin. We are born lustful, it's still a choice. You are so right sister, too many come at sin with hate, we must be uplifting, not condemning, and offer a way out.
Back to top Go down
gloryteller
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
gloryteller

WINNER OF 3 OR MORE SHORT STORY CONTESTS MULTIPLE SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Does God tolerate those who sin (all of us, believers and non) even until death? Yes.
Does He tolerate sin itself or the doctrines thereof? I think not.
Are we not asked to become like Him? Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://Gloryteller.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

amen
Back to top Go down
Moni
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
Moni

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Such a prevalent topic in today's world and a great one to consider.

Love covers many sins, toleration only tolerates until it gets fed up. God is love, and it is my job to become more like Him and less like myself. I try to speak the truth of God's word in love and that may offend some, or me if spoken to me and my heart attitude is not right. However, it's not my opinion that counts, it's God's word that is the foundation upon which I should build my repertoire when discussing issues with believers or non believers.

So I choose God's terms...the fruit of the Spirit is....love which consists of....... joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

In love...Jesus...who never sinned... turned over the tables in the temple.

If the Bible is the foundation of those in the discussion God's perspective should be the goal. If some in the conversation do not stand on the same foundation, it's a slippery slope and one can easily get stuck in the mud.
Back to top Go down
http://practicallyspeaking2u.blogspot.com
vinedresser
vinedresser

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Is tollerance and forbearing the same thing? I love this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?    Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Christians meant to be tolerant or intolerant?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1