Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Whose Prayer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

Whose Prayer? Empty
PostSubject: Whose Prayer?   Whose Prayer? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 pm

The Ola Olutayo Mail.
Today 15-8-12.

Whose Prayer?

Prologue:
First, I'd like to share this comment with you. Thereafter, we'll see how that comment lead to today's topic, 'Whose Prayer?'
But before you read the comment, needn't you know what it's all about? It's the comment I made on a friends status with the alarming information:
"Please Please Please Pray for Ben (Ben has cancer at a very tender age)..." And then my friend stated about her relative's predicament, "It's not looking good".
So here's my response, and I really hope it helps your faith:
----------------
"It's looking good".
It's time to call things which are not as though they were; because really, they are. So I say it's good for Ben - see, it can't be anymore good than Jesus whose irreplaceable love made Him take stripes for Ben that made him whole!
So then we do not pray as orphans, we pray to the Father who put the words in our mouth:
"Our Father, who is in heaven, we worship your name!
May your kingdom, laid on the foundation of Christ's love, come!
May your will - we know that you are willing to heal! - be done on earth as it is in heaven...
Lord, we know, that there is no sickness in heaven; we know that there is no cancer in heaven; and if that is Your will in heaven, may it be done, right now, on earth just as it is where You are!
Glorify your name, Father! That was the cry of Jesus after surrendering to your will, so, Lord we also cry, Glorify your name!!! Amen!"
---------------
That's it.
I wasn't even thinking of saying that prayer that way, nor have I gained such praying prowess because of my fervency!
But I see something different from just me praying; I see me being taught how to pray!
So I began to meditate right on that! Wait! Don't we call that prayer "The Lord's Prayer"? Technically, it's not! It's not the prayer the Lord says, but we!
Remember, I don't do this without a scriptural foundation and reference, and here it is right before the prayer itself:
"This, then, is how 'you' should pray..." Matthew 6:9a.
How who should pray?
Us!
You and I!
So it's not the Lord's Prayer, it's the Believer's Prayer!
Yes, your lecturer might help you out when you fumble with your notes and even give you the key to understanding what he's teaching, but after you've done it, who gets the mark? You! Not your teacher! He helped you, you get the A's!
But there is something amidst, right in between the Lord's help and your mark, and that is:
You just have to do the praying!
And I assure, make the attempt, with all sincerity of heart, and He'll guide your words!
Much more, pray in the Holy Spirit always.
"Hey bro, how can I do that?"
You can't do it!
Here it is:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26.
You see that?
Let the Spirit put 'known' words of God in your mouth, and quit praying in 'known' words of men.
The Spirit helps you pray for God's will in the exact way, unlike you babbling with words that most likely does not conform to His will!
---------------
Epilogue:
If today's discussion mean something to you, I'm sure you must have questions! If you do, please ask! God Bless!
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com

Whose Prayer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1