Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

THE STORY TELLER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

THE STORY TELLER Empty
PostSubject: THE STORY TELLER   THE STORY TELLER EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 6:39 am

There once lived a story teller who asked himself, "what is the best way to share my stories?"  A little voice came and said, "Go to the library and people will come, they will listen to you.
   So the story teller wrote ten stories, and it came to pass that One day he went to the library, and passed around notes to the patrons, inviting them to come listen to the stories.  He proceeded to the story room and waited.
   Sure enough, people came, many people came, but the room as large enough to commodate them all.  He read his first story, the people were
attentive, they listened, they nodded to each other.  When the story teller finished, the people just got up and left, without a word, without and comment, without questions,
   "Did they understand the story?" the story teller asked himself.  "I wonder, I just wonder." he thought to himself.  "Oh well, I'll come back tomorrow and read another story, maybe they'll have questions tomorrow."
     So the next day came, the story teller went to the library and read the second story, he passed out notes letting the patrons know that there would be another story read.  The patrons entered the story room, the story teller read his story, the people looked at him, listened and after the story, they got up and left, without a word.
     The story teller shook his head, "No questions, No comments, again?" he asked himself, so he went home, a little perplexed.
    "Well" he thought, "maybe tomorrow."  Tomorrow came and went, and the story teller read his third story, and he returned day after day until all ten stories were read, but still no comments, no questions.
     The story teller finally asked himself, "should I really continue to write, I mean, do they really understand the stories, the meaning of the messages?  The story teller went to a park and sat down,
    "Maybe, just maybe, I am just hearing myself talk." The story teller went home sadly, "did they come to hear the stories just to be polite?" or, is it something else?" 
    The story teller decided to do something drastic, He hurried back to the library and went in, there were all the patrons, reading books, he took a deep breath, and then shouted out;
   'DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STORIES?" ANY COMMENTS?" DID YOU EVEN ENJOY LISTENING TO THEM?
   The patrons turned to look at him.

So, now I ask you all, do you have any questions, comments over the past 10 stories from my book "God Tales?" Now, it's YOUR turn to comment, I would really appreciate your feedback, you have all been so quiet, too quiet,

rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down
TheBarrd
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
TheBarrd

Charity : St. Judes Children's Hospital
Charity : local abortion alternative center

THE STORY TELLER Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE STORY TELLER   THE STORY TELLER EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

I think we can all relate to that story teller, Rabbi.

I am brand new today.  If you will direct me to the stories from "God Tales" I promise I will read them, and leave you some honest feedback.

Only...I will expect you to respond in kind to stuff I post as well.

Deal?
Back to top Go down
Jacob Ben Avraham
Jacob Ben Avraham

THE STORY TELLER Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE STORY TELLER   THE STORY TELLER EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 4:20 pm

OK, let me know when you post some stories, I will be looking for them
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

THE STORY TELLER Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE STORY TELLER   THE STORY TELLER EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:04 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that reciprocated comment if i were you...jus' sayin'.
Waiting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE STORY TELLER Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE STORY TELLER   THE STORY TELLER Empty

Back to top Go down

THE STORY TELLER
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: