Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Dear God Again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cleo574
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
cleo574

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Dear God Again Empty
PostSubject: Dear God Again   Dear God Again EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Dear God,
Hi, it’s me again. The reason I felt compelled to write again is because I thought you and Bro. Gary should know how writing to you has affected me. As I write this letter, I am smiling to myself knowing what I know now.
When I wrote the other letter, I kinda expected great and wonderful things to happen all of a sudden and my life would change. Well, it didn’t. I also knew in writing the other letter that lots of people would be praying for me and I can use all the help I can get in that area. That was a good thing. So, it did accomplish at least something and that was to bring a number of people to you through prayer for me so they benefit as well as me. I know that great and wonderful changes will come in my life, but it will be in your time and your way, not in mine. When its time, you will let me know by hitting me over the head to get my attention.
However, I did wonder if I was really a bad person since hardly anyone felt the need to write to you. I thought about it and prayed about it and it finally came to me that some people may have worried that everyone would know who was writing the letters and so were ashamed to be caught needing the prayer. I hope I will never be ashamed to need prayer nor be ashamed to come to you in any way I can. Maybe, they just didn’t have the time. I hope Bro. Gary reads this one as it contains the message you have sent to me.
I received an unexpected blessing from writing the letter. It wasn’t money or glory or any thing you would think I might get from a lot of prayer and pouring my heart out. I found out by keeping a copy of my letter that I can read it again and again and each time you notice something you should have said and didn’t so you can add it to your next prayer. It also let me know if I thought I was praying for the right sort of things or if I needed to watch what I was asking for and the way in which I was asking. Seems to me I ask a whole lot more for me than I do anyone else. I also feel like I’m not exactly asking for all the right things and it sure wasn’t anything like the Lord’s Prayer which is a perfect example of prayer. It is such a blessing to read and reread my letter and I feel like each time I read it that I am praying and it brings me closer to you Lord.
So, let Bro. Gary know that I will be writing you letters from time to time if he wants to get them, I would be happy to share with him and the church. If he doesn’t want to read them or get copies, it’s perfectly ok because I’m still going to write the letters. It makes me feel really good and sometimes I write better than I speak. I can pour my heart into a letter when I can’t always do that verbally.
Love you and Bro. Gary and the church members who have prayed for me.
Your humble and devoted servant.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Dear God Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God Again   Dear God Again EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm

I love the openness in your written prayers. I think most of us can relate to what you share. For example, I don't know how many times the Lord has had to hit me over the head to get my attention, and then it's like, "duh, why didn't I see that sooner." As you said, it is always in HIS time.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
cleo574
cleo574

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Dear God Again Empty
PostSubject: Dear God Letters   Dear God Again EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I am glad that you enjoy them. I used to be very secretive about praying, until it came to me one day that I should never be ashamed to pray as God was not ashamed to die for me so I don't mind sharing anything about God with others now.

God Bless and Keep you
Jan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear God Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God Again   Dear God Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear God Again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-