Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimSHoldiman
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
KimSHoldiman

Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun) Empty
PostSubject: Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)   Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:10 am

Jack and the Lion
by Kim Holdiman

“Come on Jack, just shoot the blasted buck!” laughed Christian and the rest of the gang. Jack wished it was that easy. Every time he pointed the gun at the beast, it would turn and look at him with those eyes. He could shoot a target with incredible accuracy, but a living, breathing animal with eyes staring back at him was a completely different story.
                The guys were always on his case about it. He didn’t want to go hunting with them, but felt like it was the only way he could fit in. How ridiculous, he was 42 years old! He was a successful graphic designer with a beautiful home and two incredible children! Yes he was divorced, but beyond that, he was a success, happy with his life. So why was this so important to him?
                “Oh forget it Jack…you’ll never be man enough to bring him home!” All of them were laughing at him again. “Let’s load up and head back, we’d better get Jack home before his curfew,” they all laughed again.
                What could he even say? So he said nothing, but loaded up his stuff and climbed in the back of the truck for the lonely ride home.
                As he rode, he formed a plan. He would go out on his own! He would show them all! He would make a trip to the jungle; he had the money to go. He would find a lion and he would kill it. Then he would bring its head back to show them how much of a man he really was. He couldn’t possibly melt from the eyes of a lion… could he?
                So the next weekend, he set out on his trip. He didn’t tell the guys, he wanted to surprise them. After flying in, getting a jeep and loading up, he began his search for a lion. It didn’t take long and he saw one. He got out of the jeep to creep closer to the beast. It hadn’t noticed him.
                He crouched down, took aim, held his breath, and….the lion turned and looked at him! NOOO! How could its eyes be so sweet and gentle?!?!? It’s the King of the jungle!
                Jack dropped his gun and sat down right there, dropped his head in his hands and cried. What happened next you might find unbelievable, and since nobody but Jack was there…well…
                Anyway, Jack felt something wet on his hands. Stunned, he looked up and he found himself eye to eye with the lion. For a moment there was fear, but then the lion said to him, “what’s the deal?” Jack looked at him, shook his head and said, “Whoa, did you just talk? You’re a lion, lion’s don’t talk!”
                The lion said, “Umm I’m a lion and I’m talking, so I guess we do. So again I ask, what’s the deal? Why are ya crying?” Jack told him, “My friends think I’m a wimp because I can’t shoot an animal, so I was gonna shoot you to prove them wrong, but I couldn’t. I guess they’re right.”
                “Dude!” the lion said. “What are you, 16? Who cares what they think? So hunting isn’t your thing? So what? Be who you are! If your friends don’t like who you are, then I guess they aren’t really your friends. That’s the cool thing about how God made people, He made you each so unique… different…special. Celebrate those special parts of you.”
                “You’re right! I’m gonna be who I am and find friends that can appreciate me. Thanks!” Replied Jack.
                “No problem dude, now you better get in the jeep and get out of here, because I have a rep to keep up out here, I am the king of the jungle, you know! I don’t want to have to have you for lunch! I’ll give you a 5 minute head start!” The lion said.

And they both lived happily ever after!  
Back to top Go down
gjforjesus
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
gjforjesus

PostSubject: Re: Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)   Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun) EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:39 pm

: ) Nice! I like it.
Back to top Go down
SwiftWarrior
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
SwiftWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)   Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun) EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 8:48 am

Funny ending! :) I liked the message of the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)   Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack and The Lion (a silly little story just for fun)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1