Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Christ is my sunshine shining

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rhymarhyma
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
rhymarhyma

Christ is my sunshine shining Empty
PostSubject: Christ is my sunshine shining   Christ is my sunshine shining EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:56 pm

You're all of my sunshine when it's gloomy and grey/ and when the lightning starts, you always chase the rain away/ When it's cold and dark, you show me everything's okay/ I'll always want you more tomorrow than I wanted you today...

When I feel the chill coming over the top, when the clouds are coming and it's looking like snow/ I do all I can to try and make it stop, but the temperature falls and the cold winds blow/ In the moment I panic and for a time I'm lost, I have nowhere to turn to and I have nowhere to go/ The warmth of your vision erases the frost, and in the bottom of my heart there's one thing I know...

You're all of my sunshine when it's gloomy and grey/ and when the lightning starts, you always chase the rain away/ When it's cold and dark, you show me everything's okay/ I'll always miss you more tomorrow than I missed you yesterday...

When the downpour comes from nowhere, and the wind is howling, driving me insane/ I find myself choking and gasping for air, and the fear that I feel is too hard to contain/ My mind starts racing out of control, and I'm shaking from the feeling and I'm hurting from the pain/ I feel the cold chill straight down to my soul, and you are my shelter when I'm trapped in the rain...

You're all of my sunshine when it's gloomy and grey/ and when the lightning starts, you always chase the rain away/ When it's cold and dark, you show me everything's okay/ I'll always need you more tomorrow than I needed you today...

You're always there to keep me warm, and you clear my eyes in a world that's snow-blind/ You dry me off after every cold storm, you wipe away the raindrops that I always seem to find/ When I look out the window and see clear blue skies, you chased away the storm clouds that keep me confined/ I know the storm lies only behind these eyes, and you're the sunshine shining in the chaos of my mind...

You're all of my sunshine when it's gloomy and grey/ and when the lightning starts, you always chase the rain away/ When it's cold and dark, you show me everything's okay/ I'll always love you more tomorrow than I loved you yesterday
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Christ is my sunshine shining   Christ is my sunshine shining EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Very awesome, yes sir!
Peace.
Back to top Go down
Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Thena

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Christ is my sunshine shining   Christ is my sunshine shining EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 pm

And He is with us always! Don't you wish everyone knew?

Loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://thena.typepad.com
rhymarhyma
rhymarhyma

PostSubject: Re: Christ is my sunshine shining   Christ is my sunshine shining EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Right on! Christ absolutely brings me out from every storm I bring upon myself. No doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christ is my sunshine shining   Christ is my sunshine shining Empty

Back to top Go down

Christ is my sunshine shining
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Poetry-