Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Writing Christian Fiction: Unveiling God to Readers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Writing Christian Fiction: Unveiling God to Readers Empty
PostSubject: Writing Christian Fiction: Unveiling God to Readers   Writing Christian Fiction: Unveiling God to Readers EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

What do buyers of Christian novels want? Readers' reviews and studies of bestseller lists provide some answers: readers want a rousing good read - heartwarming stories that draw them closer to God.

Here's what some readers say they like about Christian novels they've read:

"(The heroine's) walk of faith... resonated in my heart."

"(This story is) an invitation to journey to the very heart of God... I have been indeed transformed."

"(This book) sings throughout with the pulsating rhythm of love – God’s love for his people."

"I came to truly understand what love is... this book changed my life."

Buyers also want stories that reveal God's love, books they can give to family and friends. One reader wrote that she bought more than 18 copies of Redeeming Love to give away, "because it is the best witness of the Father's love that I can give to someone who will not listen to 'God talk'".

Don’t preach at your reader. Write a warm, entertaining story, and weave in a message of God's love. The most effective way to convey biblical truths is to have your characters live them out.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' RESOURCES :: Creative Writing & Poetry Tips-