Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

One more time Dad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeT
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
JoeT

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Judges 6: Verse 39 Then Gideon said to God “Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request.” Verse 40, … God did so.

Don’t be angry with me.These words show that we realize God would have a right to be angry with us. They are also a request for a favor, a cry for mercy, and a confession. We acknowledge here that God is the unchanging guard, the main keeper of faith in our relationship with him, regardless of how our feelings or circumstances change.

Let me make just one more request.Do we sometimes feel that God would not let us make just one more request? I know as a parent I sometimes got annoyed by my kids’ constant pestering, “Just one more time Dad, one more.” Of course God does not have this limitation. I think God might be waiting, even asking for our requests. “Just one more time child one more.” he says.
He encourages us. “Try me, of course I am available and will come to your aid without delay.”

And God did so.A few words, that’s all God uses to explain himself. He does not seem to make a big deal of it. Yet he is not being flippant or shooing us off his agenda. It is a big deal to him. He waived the right to be angry with us for Jesus sake, thereby making himself available to us in relationship and blessings. He paid the price up front to ensure that we can never exhaust his mercy supply. So now we boldly come to God with thanksgiving in our prayers and petitions, presenting this request to him. “Just one more time Dad, one more.”
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:04 am

A good read to start off a Sunday morning, i always look forward to your posts.
And "looking forward" does not come easy to one such as i but has to be learned, you are a good instructor.
Back to top Go down
Moni
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
Moni

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reminder JoeT that perfect love gets rid of fear and we can always come to the feet of our Jesus!
Jesus Cross
Back to top Go down
http://practicallyspeaking2u.blogspot.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I love the way you present God's never ending love for us. It really touches the heart right where we need it.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 am

But God...

"Just men depend on the grace of God rather than on their own wisdom in keeping their resolutions.

In Him they confide every undertaking, for man, indeed, proposes but God disposes, and God's way is not man's."
-Thomas a Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Bk. 1, Ch. 19

Love this quote and how i often hear "But God..." in all of your posts', though it is not written these two words live in your heart and are clearly understood as such.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:29 am

You're so right, HE is waiting for us to ask HIM to amaze us. We who serve HIM are a great joy to HIM. HE does delight in our humility and our reliance on HIM. Thank you for sharing. Help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One more time Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more time Dad   One more time Dad Empty

Back to top Go down

One more time Dad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: