Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
faithchord
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
faithchord

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm

My elderly dad developed throat cancer. A large tumor had attached itself to his voice box which required removal. The result was no voice and an opening in his neck. Later he would learn to gulp air to create a sound that would, in time, be his “new” voice.

Early after the surgery, Dad tried to communicate his needs to the nursing staff. I watched him desperately deal with the only thing left, writing. With his near "perfect" hand writing, he couldn’t write at the speed and ease of his now former speech. Aggravation was ingrained on his face as he threw his notepad to the side of the bed. The nurse disappeared before he could finish.

As the healing process began, a way of communication was to be learned. Dad learned that gulped air could be shaped in to intelligible words. It took much effort, but worked.
Ultimately, a battery operated voice machine when held to his throat gave him a new voice.

I’ve preached and taught for many years. The task of prayerfully accumulating and compiling information and formatting outlines is not without much work. Delivery comes with freedom, assurance and peace. I’ve begun to share my studies and messages through a new voice.

This blog gives us the ability to rejuvenate what we’ve been given and share it in a broader way. Like my dad, I’ll probably have to be gulping air to shape intelligible words. And perhaps the internet operated machine will give us a new voice.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Hello Faithchord,
Welcome to Chrsitian Creative Writers. I'm so glad you joined us. Now I understand the meaning behind the unsername. What an inspiring story. Your introduction is a story all by itself. I'd love to see that developed into a longer version. It sounds like a story that has the potential to motivate and inspire others. I look forward to reading more of your work!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1