Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Snapshot: Depth Perception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
faithchord
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
faithchord

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Snapshot: Depth Perception Empty
PostSubject: Snapshot: Depth Perception   Snapshot: Depth Perception EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:52 pm

I stood riveted at the edge of the Canyon. I remember the deep breath I took as I was overcome by its vastness. My eyes were on overdrive trying to take in the array of colors. Then something happened. My senses seemed to shut down and disappointment set in. What was I looking at? I knew it was deep, everyone said it was, but I had no depth perception. I tried to throw a pebble over the edge to give some understanding, but it disappeared. This was strange.

I reached in my pocket for a postcard I just bought. You know, the kind where you write on the back and say, "I was here." The postcard was of the Grand Canyon. It looked like what I was seeing, but it had no depth either. I couldn't understand anything about the canyon on the surface.
Many look at God the same way, from a distance. I'm reminded of a verse, "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!" Unlike the Grand Canyon that you have to travel, God took the step toward us by revealing Himself through Jesus Christ, His Son.

Like photos in an album, we all have snapshots of life etched in our memories. But our "snapshots" are not just memories to keep, they are gifts to be shared.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Snapshot: Depth Perception Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snapshot: Depth Perception   Snapshot: Depth Perception EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

This is some special camera you've been gifted with!
Back to top Go down

Snapshot: Depth Perception
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION FORUM :: General Discussion: Open Forum-