Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cshowers
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
cshowers

Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones Empty
PostSubject: Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones   Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 pm

sunny Greetings Everyone,

My name is Cheryl Showers. Thank you and God bless you for taking the time to read this introduction of myself...

Have you ever heard God speak to you? Have you ever felt a stirring within your soul, like the embers in a fire burning and igniting within you? Have you ever tried to smother that fire, to hold it back, only to feel a backdraft exploding within you because you just can’t hold it inside of you anymore?

That’s how I felt when the Lord spoke to me one Sunday in October 2012, telling me to begin writing again. It had been a long, long time since I’d written anything. You know how it is, when you have a busy life, and those things that you used to be so passionate about take a back seat, while the fire within you begins to die down, don’t you? Now the Lord instructed me to write everyday for the next 31 days, and I obeyed.

It was as though He had added starter fluid to the charcoal within me, and then lit a match and threw it on me. Suddenly, I had to write again, but I didn't know where to begin or who would read what I had written. I have a facebook account, but I felt the Lord leading me to start a blog that could be posted on facebook if I wanted, but would also touch the hearts of others who weren’t already my facebook friends. Having never written or created a blog account before, I remembered a very good friend who has a blog account, so I visited her website and discovered that her blog was posted on WordPress.

Therefore, in obedience to the Lord, and because His words within me burn so fiercely, I began a new and exciting journey, sharing the flaming words that the Lord has given me. The 31 days came and went, yet still, the fire rages within me.

I love writing posts on my blog, but I want more. I love writing poetry, short stories, prose, devotionals... The Lord has given me a love for words, and I want to use those words to bless, minister and inspire both believers and non-believers. I also want the advice and encouragement from other men and women of God, who have been called to this vocation, which is what led me to the Christian Creative Writers website. I believe that writing in this community will be like iron sharpening iron, and I want to be critiqued so that I can grow and submit the very best writing for my Lord and Savior. It is my prayer that the flaming words the Lord gives me will ignite a fire within the hearts of my readers, inspiring them, bringing them joy, and comforting their pain as they enter this safe haven in the midst of God's fiery flames.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and I pray the Lord blesses you richly and abundantly for taking the time to read this. I am so thankful He led me here to this site.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones   Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 am

Hello Cheryl,
Welcome to Christian Creative Writers. I'm very thankful that the Lord led you here as well! I love your passion and fire. I look to reading your work and getting to know you too. If your writing is anything like your introduction, you will most certainly set others on fire too. What a joy it is to have you here!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: NEW USERS :: Take a Moment to Introduce Yourself-