Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Seventy-five and Seeking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine Hammock
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Christine Hammock

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

Seventy-five and Seeking Empty
PostSubject: Seventy-five and Seeking   Seventy-five and Seeking EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm

I am seventy-five years old and a widow of three years. I live alone and spend most of my time reading, writing, crocheting, and sewing. I was married 54 years to my first and only love and I still miss him dearly. He was my high school sweetheart, a coach, a teacher, and a minister so my life has had a varied existence over the 60 plus years that we were together. I have three grown children, ten grandchildren and six great-grandchildren which now have become my reason for living. I have been a journal writer most of my life. Most of my short story writing and poems are about our life together. I have written a book called “A Book of Stories” -- Stories of the Love and Life of Hoyt and Doris Hammock which is a compilation of short stories of our life. “Doris” is my nick- name. I started writing the book after my husband died mostly for my children and grandchildren as a heritage or legacy to pass on to future generations. I have been a Christian since I was eight years old; there have been ups and downs during the years but never once have I ever wanted to engage in worldly affairs. My son is self publishing the book for our family. I may never publish any of my stories but when I came upon this web site it excited me that there are others like me that want to tell their stories. During my working years I was employed at AT&T as a manager; my duties consisted of checking grammar, formatting, rewriting and researching for my supervisor’s articles and letters; I’ve been retired since October, 1991. I am seeking God's new directions and purpose for my life.

Humor: My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and then it’s gone again.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Seventy-five and Seeking   Seventy-five and Seeking EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello Doris,
Seventy-five and Seeking 40742102Love the humor and I'm delighted that you joined us here at Christian Creative Writers. Before creating CCW, I often wished there was a website to go to where there were other Christian writers who loved the Lord and who I could feel comfortable sharing my work with. Since I couldn't really find anything like that, I made one, LOL. I hope you share some of the stories and poetry about you and your beloved husband with us. I so enjoy hearing about a person's history. I'm so sorry for your loss. One day you and your husband will be back together in the very presence of the Lord rejoicing. What a glorious day that will be, but in the meanwhile, I'm certain the Lord has some interesting things for you to do.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Christine Hammock
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Christine Hammock

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

PostSubject: Re: Seventy-five and Seeking   Seventy-five and Seeking EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:24 am

Lora, Thanks for the note, I do plan to share my writing with CCW members; you'll be hearing from me soon. I'm still learning how to use the web site, but I do plan to post "The Mother I Never Knew" right away. God's Blessings on this snowy day. Doris
Back to top Go down
Moni
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
Moni

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Seventy-five and Seeking   Seventy-five and Seeking EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:03 pm

So nice to meet you sister!
I look forward to getting to know you better, reading your work and learning from you!
Back to top Go down
http://practicallyspeaking2u.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventy-five and Seeking   Seventy-five and Seeking Empty

Back to top Go down

Seventy-five and Seeking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: