Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Think of Nines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Doug Blair

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Think of Nines Empty
PostSubject: Think of Nines   Think of Nines EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:51 am

Think of Nines

A strange phenomenon is observed in the scriptures. Many important Bible themes are associated with the number nine. The nine Beatitudes (Matthew 5). The nine fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5). The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12).

A run-down of the books of the Bible also proves fascinating:

Genesis 9 – God’s rainbow covenant with Noah.

Numbers 9 – The providence and protection of the cloud by day and pillar of fire by night.

Deuteronomy 9 – The sum of Moses’ ministry.

Job 9 – The cry for a mediator/daysman betwen God and man.

Psalm 9 – The inevitability of judgment and recompense.

Proverbs 9 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Ecclesiastes 9 – The sum of Solomon’s experience with worldly delights.

Isaiah 9 – The prophecy of a child deliverer become King.

Jeremiah 9 - The sum of the weeping prophet’s lament.

Daniel 9 – The prayer of the greatest intercessor.

Amos 9 – Glorious restoration of spiritual Israel in a Golden Age.

Zechariah 9 – Jesus coming into Jerusalem meek and lowly upon a donkey and having salvation.

Matthew 9 – Jesus spreads blessing all around Galilee.

Mark 9 – At the transfiguration mount Jesus is declared most pleasing Son of God.

Luke 9 – The miraculous feeding of 5000. Take the problem to Jesus.

John 9- A teaching on spiritual blindness.

Acts 9 – The conversion of Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus.

Romans 9 – The mystery of mercy revealed.

1 Corinthians 9 – Honest credentials of ministry/apostleship.

2 Corinthians 9 – The bounteous condition of a cheerful giver.

Hebrews 9 – The all-sufficient, once- and- for- all propitiation at Calvary.

Are we starting to get a picture here?

Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Doug Blair

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Think of Nines Empty
PostSubject: That You Might Be Healed   Think of Nines EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 am

That You Might Be Healed

James 5:

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We are going to foul up. Let us not forget the stuff of which we are made. Perhaps there has been a salvation experience. We are still a work in progress. I am not here issuing a licence to sin and give excuses. I am just stating a fact. Temper, lust, hypocrisy, foul language, convenient variations from truth – the list goes on.

It is of God’s grace that we suffer conviction for the stumbling. A poet has said:

I know not if that sin

Had meant a dropping of salvation.

I only know your smile removed

Was hellish condemnation.

But remember there is confession. To the aggrieved party. To a supportive friend. To God. It need not take a specific format; only that it is sincere and represents a quality decision to do otherwise in the future. Then comes tremendous release. Look at David in Psalms 51 and 32. Then comes renewal in prayer and sweet sleep at day’s end. Virtually a healing has taken place. The waters are settled. Functions flow again without ennui.

Does this healing extend to the body? Of course it does. Doctors everywhere confirm that stress is the greatest enemy to sound health. Pastors would confirm that unforgiveness and duplicity rank a close second and third. This passage also suggests an input of supernatural healing in the sovereign designs of God.

It is interesting to consider the second half of the above verse and the connection. The man who has gone through the wringer of confession and forgiveness stands a righteous man, effectual in prayer and in testimony. According to God there are no nagging and debilitating “yeah buts”. Additionally the individual will have empathy for the stumblings of others. Not judgment.

I must not forget the admonition to “pray for one another”. In the selfless offering of intercession; in the powerful agreement of determined believers on a mission there are often hidden surprises and personal needs met.

I remember a comment in the story of the reunion of brothers Jacob and Esau. The younger had cheated the older out of his birthright, but the time had finally come for an encounter and apology.

Genesis 33:

9 And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.

10 And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.

(Note: A wonderful book has been written by Andrew Murray entitled Confession and Forgiveness)

Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/

Think of Nines
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-