Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Woodah Toldja

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Doug Blair

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Woodah Toldja Empty
PostSubject: Woodah Toldja   Woodah Toldja EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 am

Woodah Toldja

John 14:

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I chuckle to myself whenever I read this passage. I can almost hear a good-natured Jewish man from Manhattan saying, "If it woint so, I woodah toldja!"

Jesus is in the Upper Room giving his final address to disciples and promising a Second Coming to gather the faithful unto a fully satisfying existence. He earnestly wants them to trust in this prophecy. We must also hear it and believe. We must remind ourselves of the absolute fulfilment of Old Testament prophecies on His first visit. This gives confidence for the future.

Look at the Psalms alone as they spoke of the mission of Messiah: that he would be both God and man; that he would be in the lineage of King David; that he would be Spirit-anointed above all his contemporaries; that his kingdom and priesthood would be without end; that the wicked would hound him mercilessly, slander him, capture him, mock his misfortune, impale him; that Gentiles would gamble for his garments and kill him; that he would rise from the dead and be totally vindicated. The list goes on.

I have noted in one of my Bibles no less than 23 Messianic suggestions in the Psalms. Well worth looking at from Psalm 16 to Psalm 22 to Psalm 30 to Psalm 56 to Psalm 69 to Psalm 89 to Psalm 118.

What He says He means. If it were different He would have told us, His friends.

Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/

Woodah Toldja
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-