Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Gentleness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ebrim5
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
Ebrim5

Charity : Hope Worldwide

Gentleness Empty
PostSubject: Gentleness   Gentleness EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:16 am

Gentleness
Gal. 5:22-24/25-26

Definition of Gentleness:
adjective
1 kindly; amiable: a gentle manner.
2. not severe, rough, or violent; mild: a gentle wind; a gentle tap on the shoulder. 3. moderate: gentle heat. 4. gradual: a gentle slope. 5. of good birth or family; wellborn.
verb (used with object)
12. to tame; render tractable. 13. to mollify; calm; pacify. 14. to make gentle.
15. to stroke; soothe by petting. 16. to ennoble; dignify.

When I think of gentleness, I think of gentle in spirit. In the sense of when being approached by another person, be it they are seeking advice or they are needing advice.
To be gentle means to have a heart that is connected to that person. To make them know and feel you are engaged in what they are presenting to you.
Through correction, how is our response back to the person presenting something they see in us that needs to change and be pointed out. Are we immediately defensive and want to give excuse for our actions? Or are we gentle in our response and greatful they cared enough to point this out?
Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answers turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger..
We need to be able to guard ourselves against the schemes of satan and respond with the heart of Christ.
A scripture of comfort is Mt. 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls...
Striving to follow the example of Christ is key in any conversation or approach with another person. Humility allows us to be gentle. It is a form of gentleness.

On the other side when offering input
2 Cor. 10:1
By the meekness and gentleness of Christ I appeal to you-I Paul, who am timid when face to face with you but bold when away....

Phil. 4:5
Let your gentleness be evident to all The Lord is near..

I pet. 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give and answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

These reflect a gentle heart toward others and respect toward our God who has supplied us with what we need to help each other.
We should never give the impression that we are unapproachable to others. And when one is seeking input from us we should be engaged and help them know and believe you are listening to what they are sharing.
Correction is essential for being a Christian. It shows we love one another and care for each others well being. However, we must take on this type of attitude. None of us are superior over another person. The humility that Paul displays comes from being corrected for his actions. He was disciplined and after which he came back changed and ready to serve Gods people.

What is it that we feel when we are corrected? Do we feel loved? Do we feel like that person doesn't get it? Do we feel like how dare they? Do we feel like I won't go to them again?

Or do we feel gratitude for their love, their desire to help you be better, their assistants in helpIng you stay on track, their conviction of when you see your brother or sister in sin go to them and restore them gently.

The latter is a form of gentleness. The former is sin.

Let us be women who are not afraid to speak the truth in love, in gentleness and with a good heart. Let us not be afraid to challenge or correct. It is a safe guard. We should be here to help each other get the prize.
Back to top Go down
Moni
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
Moni

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Gentleness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gentleness   Gentleness EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:22 am

Wonderful Word of encouragement this morning!

Thank you for sharing!

Open rebuke is better than secret love.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend;
but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful
Proverbs 27:5-6
Back to top Go down
http://practicallyspeaking2u.blogspot.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Gentleness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gentleness   Gentleness EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:24 am

(Tough Love)

Jesus' response to the Syro-phoenician woman seems very pointed and harsh at first.

"The woman is a Gentile, so she represents all of us who are not Jews:

"A Greek ...
The word thus translated actually means "Gentile" (English Revised Version (1885) margin), her race being Syro-phoenician. "

He is not just talking to her when he responds, he is teaching his disiples.

"By giving voice to the common Jewish prejudice against Gentiles, and in the light of the woman's response to it, Christ gave his apostles a never-to-be-forgotten example to prove God's wisdom in extending salvation to Gentiles."

Jesus was here for the Jews and that was his mission.

"What Christ referred to by these expressions was the fact that his primary mission was to Israel, not to Gentiles, to God's "children," not to the "dogs," as the Gentiles were called by Jews. See Matthew's account (Matthew 15:21-28). Now the significant thing about that woman's faith was her perseverance in the face of such a reply. Would not most mortals have departed the scene with anger and resentment? The average person would have said, "He called me a dog; I hate him!"

"This says, "Yes, Lord, I indeed belong to the people called `dogs' by the Jews; but is it too much to ask that a LITTLE dog under the children's table might have just a crumb of the bounty which you have given to them?" This woman's reply was rich with the profoundest truth of all time. Note the implications of what she said: (1) By placing herself under the children's table, she laid claim to a place, lowly as it was, in the household of God."

2) She appealed not to the children, but to the Master. The children, as represented by the apostles, had stood adamantly by, not interceding on the woman's behalf, actually demanding that the Lord get rid of her (see Matthew); so there was no mercy for her in the hearts of the children; therefore, she appealed not to them but to the Lord! (3) She identified the table as not belonging to the children but as "their master's table"! (Matthew 15:27). God's mercies did not derive from the chosen people but from Himself. The table of God's benefits did not belong to the children but to God!

Thus in identifying what his ultimate purpouse was for in front of his disiples she was rewarded with the granting of her request.

Jesus ultimatly was here for us all. That was God's intent all along. The Jews are still his people and one day he will call them back."

Depending on the situation, Jesus taught by many methods.
i agree whole heartedly with your commentary but Jesus proved that there are exceptions in case by case ministering. What works as a whole works for all in general but we are free-willed, free-spirited beings and what works for one, does not always work for another.
The Holy Spirit provides tools, teaching, utilization of very specific gifts and talents bestowed by Grace, based upon the preparation and experiences before submission to Christ, the training period we called life before we knew The Way The Truth and The Life according to The Word. Thank you for a most thought provoking post, got my engine going.
God Bless!
http://devel.searchgodsword.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=mr&chapter=007
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gentleness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gentleness   Gentleness Empty

Back to top Go down

Gentleness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-