Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Giving According To The Scriptures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

Giving According To The Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Giving According To The Scriptures   Giving According To The Scriptures EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:00 am

The Ola Olutayo Mail.
Today 18th Aug, 2013.
Theme For The Year:
"DARE YOU TO MOVE!"

Giving According To The Scriptures.

I consider it an historic and a life-giving setting when a Christian considers and eventually adhere to making "the invisible but-present within-God visible, touchable, admirable, and worthy of praise".

These are scriptures opened to you concerning the area of giving on:
what it takes to give,
what it means to give,
how to give,
what to give,
and
to whom we give.

I pray that the Lord will open your mind also as you observe the sequence these eternal words has followed, and being motivated to obey them.
"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures." Luke 24:45.

First,
Jesus reiterated in Matthew 25:31-46 that 'he' is in the 'position' of the poor, needy, homeless, sick, and lonely.

"for I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me,
I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me."

"then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you..."

"the King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38.

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." II Corinthians 9:7.

"All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do." Galatians 2:10.

"To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honour and immortality, he [i.e. God] will give eternal life." Romans 2:7.

"For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability...but just as you excel in everything -faith, in speech, in knowledge... - see that you also excel in this grace of giving." II Corinthians 8:3,7.

"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" James 2:15,16.

"If anyone boasts,'I love God,' and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won't love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can't see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both." I John 4:20,21 [MSG]

"THIS IS HOW WE KNOW WHAT LOVE IS:
Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers...let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth..." I John 3:16,18,19.

"Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." James 4:17.

"Love does no harm to its neighbour. Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law." Romans 13:10.

"...anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead.
You're not in the driver's seat; I am.
Don't run from suffering; embrace it.
Follow me and I'll show you how.
Self-help is no help at all.
Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self." Matthew16:24,25 [MSG]

"Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4.

"If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honoured, every part rejoices with it." I Corinthians 12:26.

"Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for what is right, you are blessed...It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil." I Peter 3:13,14,17.

"...If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward..." Colossians 3:23,24.

"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them." Hebrews 6:10.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17.

"If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself." Galatians 6:3.

"...apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5.
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Giving According To The Scriptures   Giving According To The Scriptures EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 am

Excellent Ola and right along with what was sent this morning and posted in short stories.
No...not "the turd or macaroon"
the other one.
Be Blessed Bro', lots of nourishment for thought in the above, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

PostSubject: Re: Giving According To The Scriptures   Giving According To The Scriptures EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 am

Oooh! Nice!
Went ahead to check the supposed post in "short stories" but it wasn't there.
Sunday June 21 was the day the last post in that corner was updated.
Par adventure I went about it the wrong way?!
---------
God Bless and I mean it!!!
Back to top Go down
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

PostSubject: Re: Giving According To The Scriptures   Giving According To The Scriptures EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 am

"if people destroy something made by man they are called
vandals. if they destroy something made by GOD they are called developers"
-------
I read that the first time and I thought "maybe I didn't see it clearly!". Then I read it a second time and I thought "sure I see it clearly but not enough!"
How further can you explain this statement to give me a third time approval?
I quite understand the first part but the second...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving According To The Scriptures   Giving According To The Scriptures Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving According To The Scriptures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-