Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Apple Taste, Lingering

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Doug Blair

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

The Apple Taste, Lingering Empty
PostSubject: The Apple Taste, Lingering   The Apple Taste, Lingering EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:38 am

The Apple Taste, Lingering*

The Apple Taste, Lingering Adam_and_eve_in_paradise_opposite_by_solsan-d4ng7o0
ye shall be as gods…

He put a name on me. Adam did. Like he did with the four-footed things and birds. Mr. Know-it-all. God didn’t tell him to do that. Eve, life-giver, made out of man, like some sort of piece of equipment at arm’s reach.

Well I can be persuasive and enticing. Proved that. And God said that this birthing thing would be my department. Out of the Garden now. Trying to keep it all together.

Wonder when we will stumble upon how this birthing comes to pass. Still waiting to hear from God on that one. He doesn’t seem to be around as much these days. Since we exited the Garden with all those tears.

And my Husband isn’t always the bright light. Made out of mud you know. Will have to return to it with the sweat of his brow. And there are thorns there. Never saw the thorns in Paradise. Lots of exquisite ferns, palms and vines.

And since the Garden I have doubts. About Adam’s reliability. About the changes that are coming now. About God’s disposition toward us. About who that snake really was. I’ll have to take best advantage of the tricks in my hand…and that takes me back to that thing about reproduction.

Adam looks at me differently now. And in my sleep I hear of names myself…Delilah, Helen of Troy, Medusa, Cleopatra, Lady Macbeth, Elizabeth Tudor, Marie Antoinette, Alexandra Romanov…

Who are they I wonder?

(* See Genesis 2: 19-23)
Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/

The Apple Taste, Lingering
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Non-Fiction Novels & Short Stories-