Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Introducing Myself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phil's Jewel
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
Phil's Jewel

Introducing Myself Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Myself   Introducing Myself EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Help What a way to introduce myself huh? I've actually been registered before, but I think I may have been 'deleted' because of my inactivity... sigh... hopefully I can change that now. I am a frustrated writer! But before I get into that...

My name is Pamela, and I'm happily married for over 29 years. I live on the Central Coast of California. My husband and are empty nesters having just one child who lives about three hours away from us. I lead a writer's group with ladies from my church, so it seems odd that I'd be a frustrated writer doesn't it?

I have made it a point to come to the library on Tuesdays (where I am now) to write and well, I've only had 'good luck' with that on one occasion, where I was so excited to write for about two hours!

But then the next time I only wrote for an hour and then last week and this week, all I can do is stare at the page. I have a couple of works in progress, one I feel very strongly that God wants me to write (a novel), but I'm frustrated with the 'voice' of it... it's changed over the years (I started it back in the mid 90's!) because I have grown as a writer, but now I don't know where to go with it... and I really need some input on if the voice of my main character is the voice of someone today who is in there early 20's... I haven't written on that piece in months. The other piece is a short story I wrote a couple of years ago, that I began expanding a month or so ago...

I think I need to learn character development, take some writing classes or something! I can't afford time-wise or money-wise (especially) to take a class outside the home... does anyone know of any good free online writing courses or would it just be good to jump in here and share my story and get feedback that way?

I really need help and prayers.... sigh 

Thanks,
Pamela
Back to top Go down
http://treasuresfrommyheart.blogspot.com/
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Introducing Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself   Introducing Myself EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi Pamela,
I feel your pain. I host a free writer's workshop on occasion and plan to do another one in January. Until then, feel free to post some of your work, and I'll be happy to give you some pointers. I just love helping out my fellow Christian writers. You might consider reading some of the entries in the
Creative Writing & Poetry Tips  forum. I'm certain it will help you out a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

Introducing Myself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: NEW USERS :: Take a Moment to Introduce Yourself-