Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Hello writing people!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kupkate
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Kupkate

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Hello writing people! Empty
PostSubject: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:50 am

How is everybody? I'm Katie, but you can call me that or KupKate, or even just Kate, if you wish. Please don't call me Kup. I don't care for that and I can never find a polite way of explaining that. Anyway, I'm 19 and I've been writing since I was about 7. I recall one time I was given an assignment in 3rd or 4th grade to write a two-paragraph (or maybe even just one) short story about going to the zoo. I ended up writing 8 pages. I was an odd child. Anyway, I had a series I started writing at about ten years of age. Technically I started at seven, but I only wrote a paragraph or two and then didn't touch it again for a couple years. My writing has DEFINITELY gotten better since then. I'm actually okay with my peers and family members reading my work now.

I also write lyrics/poetry. I have lots of that. I just recently decided that I'm going to separate the Word document I keep all of my lyrics in into their respective notebooks. I have them in notebooks but I wanted to type them up just in case there's a fire or something.

Other hobbies include knitting, reading (sometimes), and gaming (rarely--I wish I could more, but I don't really have the resources). There might be more, but I don't remember right now.

I'm a hot mess. I have bipolar disorder and ADHD. I'm seeing a counselor weekly, but I don't think it's helping much, because I'm still a hot mess and it's not let up. I'll try to keep composed here though.
Back to top Go down
ondine14
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
ondine14

PostSubject: Re: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Welcome, KupKate. It is so good to see a young person writing for the Lord, and don't worry, we are all a hot mess in one way or another!  In fact, some of God's most gifted and creative children throughout the ages have suffered from mood disorders. Just read some of King David's psalms. I encourage you to keep writing, and pray without ceasing! 
Bless You
Back to top Go down
Joellyn
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
Joellyn

PostSubject: Re: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:37 am

Welcome, Kate!  

Ondine, that is an interesting way of looking at the Psalms, but I would believe it!  I think that is precisely the reason why I just set Psalm 13 to music; it rang true in my conflicted mind, and was well-suited for the equally conflicted musical idea that I had.
Back to top Go down
ondine14
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
ondine14

PostSubject: Re: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

King David - “I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. …I groan because of the turmoil of my heart” (Psalms38:6,8 - NKJV).

Elijah- "But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers."  (1 Kings 19:4)

“Hannah wept and would not eat . . . She was deeply distressed and prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly” (1 Samuel 1:7,10)

Paul- “ . . .we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself." (2 Corinthians 1:8) 

I'm so glad that our struggles and frailties are never a surprise to God.  He has proven over and over that He uses the weak to confound the strong!
Praise God Blue
Back to top Go down
Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Thena

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Kupkate, How nice to meet you. I haven't been on much lately due to some medical problems so I have lots of catching up to do.

Looking forward to doing some reading!
Back to top Go down
http://thena.typepad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello writing people!   Hello writing people! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello writing people!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL: