Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Composer interested in meeting poets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joellyn
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
Joellyn

Composer interested in meeting poets Empty
PostSubject: Composer interested in meeting poets   Composer interested in meeting poets EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:18 am

Hi!  It is a pleasure to meet everyone here!

I am a professional church singer/sometimes instrumentalist who likes to compose music.  However, I don't compose as often as I'd like because I am not particularly gifted with writing text for my music, and I will not write any music unless I can find a text first.  If any poets out here want their work set to music, please send me a message, and let's see what we can do.  I work with a traditional choir and a praise band, and our soloists can perform competently in classical, rock, country, and gospel styles.  

I hope to hear from many of you!

Joellyn
Back to top Go down
lynnbf
lynnbf

Composer interested in meeting poets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Composer interested in meeting poets   Composer interested in meeting poets EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Joellyn,

I have written quite a few songs. I can sing them, but because I am musically illiterate, I am not able to write down the music. Are you able to listen to someone singing and write the music?

blessings,

Lynn
Back to top Go down

Composer interested in meeting poets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum