Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Fraught With Profundity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theunknownpoet
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
theunknownpoet

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Fraught With Profundity Empty
PostSubject: Fraught With Profundity   Fraught With Profundity EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Fraught With Profundity Fartface
Sometimes I feel like I just can’t seem to relax, I can’t escape them…deep thoughts.
They seem to haunt me.
People have always said to me: “you need to lighten up a bit, enjoy life for once…loosen up.”
I know they’re right but you know as soon as something in life throws me a curve my first instinct is to become “fraught with profundity.”
I can’t seem to help myself.
This morning I got up late for work and the fraughting began instantly couldn’t repress it one bit.
I fraughted while getting out of bed.
I fraughted while taking a shower.
I fraughted while brushing my teeth.
And for some strange reason I fraughted uncontrollably while bending over to put on my socks!
I laughed at how ridiculous this all seemed and fraughted then too but a different kind of fraughting…like fraughting between fraughting…hmmm?
Can you imagine that, who in their right mind fraughts over so simple a task?
But doesn’t everyone fraught at one time or another in their lives’?
I fraughted at the gas station/convenience store while waiting in line behind a lady who seemed to be taking forever!
I think she somehow detected I’d been fraughting all along because she turned and gave me a look that seemed “silent but deadly” and I hadn’t even said a word to her!
She crinkled her nose at me as she turned to leave, it nearly blew me away!
I have no idea how I might have offended her perhaps she was fraughting as well.
I mean I waited patiently but in fact I’d been deeply fraughting in silence.
I left the store got in my pick-up, raced the clock and traffic to work.
Tuned into my favorite Christian radio station but I just couldn’t seem to concentrate on much of anything save for fraughting all the way to work.
I stopped at a traffic light and the guy next to me gave me this weird look raised one eyebrow arched his back as if straining to snap his seat belt in or something. It looked like he might have been in pain. but suddenly seemed less tense and though it was raining he rolled his window all the way down…strange?. So I gave him kind of a weird uncomfortable look right back as the light changed, all the while still fraughting.
Did the whole world know I was fraughting, was it that obvious?
It was raining when I got to work and I was in such a rush to get in I stepped into a  puddle ankle deep, my shoes were filled with water!  I rushed up the stairs fraughting with every single step , my waterlogged shoes were making sounds akin to someone stepping on a duck. I hoped my boss wouldn’t notice my lateness but as luck would have it, I heard: “you’re late mister!”
I fraughted so much right then and there it was almost palpable, tension instantly like a thick fog you could almost cut with a knife between us.
I simply apologized the best I could trying my best to avoid confrontation and got on with my work day.
And he had the most curious look on his face as he just silently backed away, without saying a word (how strange?).
In fact, decided to treat myself to a big bowl of chili and beans for lunch and just leave all the fraughtng behind me.

When did we ever become so tacit, humorless and glum,
Where has our indwelt “wonder-child” gone?
Call me immature, but “fraughting” is hilarious, I can’t say “woodcock” or “titmice” without smirking:)
Does that make me any less a Christian?
For goodness sake, I still refer to bowel movements as “pooping”
Anthony
Back to top Go down

Fraught With Profundity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1