Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Twisted Revelation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:36 am

Twisted Revelation

God has sent his Holy Spirit to dwell with us and has called us to perfection through continual feeding upon Him in faith. Heaven on Earth takes root in each of us who accept God’s gift of grace and allow Our Lord to abide with us. The Lord’s presence, I prayerfully ask for awareness of, for God is with us at all times.
What need have I of knowing God’s future, when my being should actively seek God and his will? Why should I be fearful of things to come, when peace is in the Spirit of my Lord? The Lord calls us to love God, to love our neighbors, and to spread his message of God’s love. Will God smite the people of the Earth into submission? I would think not. The battle is already won. God has chosen love to save his people. We just need to accept and imitate his love.

VALIDITY OF REVELATION

* Text taken from New Century Version Bible *5/11/10 –upto Ch.14 -not complete
• Rev 1:1 Why would God need to give Jesus a Revelation?
Who is Jesus’s Angel?
How could John be told all of what Jesus had seen?
• Rev 1:4,5 Seven Spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ.
He is the ruler of the kings of the earth? Seems to me a power title. Christ’s Kingdom is not of this world. John 18:36
• Rev 1:6 It seems weird to me that Jesus’s Revelation would state “To Jesus Christ be
glory ….” When Christ was so humble
• Rev 1:7 those who stabbed him?
• Rev 1:8 “… and is coming.” This suggests that God is not with us now. But is coming at
a future time –We know that God the Holy Spirit is with us.
• Rev 1:9 “…. Share with Christ in suffering , in the kingdom…” Why should we suffer in
the kingdom?
• Rev 1:20 Idea that each church has an angel?
• Rev 2:7 …Eating the fruit from the tree of life… What is this about we are given
Everlasting life John 3:16  -Is this not another time we are teased/lured by fruit.  Is this a repeat temptation?
• Rev 2:11 …Those who win the victory. Christ has won the victory.
• Rev 2:12 The one who has the sharp, double-edged sword….” Is this reference to Jesus
-When would Jesus have a sword?
• Rev 2:17 Hidden Manna? Win the Victory? White stone?
• Rev 2:23 Does not sound like Jesus.
• Rev 3:9 Does anyone belong to Satan? Why should someone bow at our feet?
• Rev 3:12 Write on them his name? My new name?
• Rev 3:18 Gold to be rich? White clothes? –Do not worry about what you will wear
(Flowers / Solomon) -Medicine for eyes? “what of spiritual blindness”
• Rev3:21 Jesus sat at the right hand of the Father.
- Rev 4:11 to receive glory, honor and power  -Who can give such things to God  -We can only acknowledge that God has all glory, honor and power.
• Rev 4 and 5 Kind of Creepy
• Rev 6 God sending destruction?
• Rev 7:12 Always glory, wisdom, thanks, honor, power and strength -Why not love?
• Rev 7:17 Water that gives life? Eternal Life John 3:16
• Rev 8:1 Is there time in heaven?
• Rev 8:6-13 More destruction. When God promised never again to flood the world…
Do you think he would still destroy the World – just using a different way?
• Rev 9:4 could only harm those without the mark on forehead?
• Rev 9:11 An Angel King – King of locusts?
• Rev 10:4 The seven thunders? Secret?
• Rev 10:9 Eat the scroll?
• Rev 11:6 Two Witnesses have powers *seems showey for God who would not show evil
People a sign.
• Rev 11:15 “Power to rule… …..our Lord and his Christ,….” ?
• Rev 12 and 13 Sounds Sci-Fi
• Rev 14:1 Written on foreheads -I thought God was written on our hearts.
• Rev 14:3 ….144000 bought from the earth -sounds misleading
• Rev 14:4 ….144000 bought to be offered to God?
• Rev 14:7 Fear and worship God because the judgement is at hand?
• Rev 14:10 …wine of God’s anger….
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:34 am

I'll offer a possibility with regard to your first question:
"The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.  He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John"  [italics added]
Perhaps the reason Jesus gave the revelation to John via His Father rather than directly was because at that point in the revelation Jesus had not yet been glorified.
While Jesus was on earth - while He was still fully human - He only did what He saw His Father doing and He only said what His Father told Him to say.
So perhaps at the revelation of chapters one through 4, He was still under the authority of His Father.
Look at Revelation 5.  It sounds as if Jesus was fresh from the cross as this scene was unfolding.  Did this scene correlate with the ascension?  Were chapters one through four "revealed" between the cross and the ascension?  
I'm guessing time and space in heaven have more than a linear correlation with time and space on earth.  There is a whole lot going on in a realm we cannot see and will not understand until we get there.
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Revelations was written to confuse believers.  We should be actively seeking a relationship with our loving Father in heaven.  Rather than focus about his return at some unknown time we should focus on the Holy Spirit, God living inside of each of us right now.  get to know, walk and talk with God.  Search him out and explore his love today and always.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Revelation was not written to confuse believers, it was written to "show God's servants what must soon take place."  (And to tell this believer how His story ends.)
It is my active relationship with my loving Father that causes me to want to know Him better - all of Him, past, present and future.  I am certainly enjoying Him in the now, but it would be pretty rude to ignore what He has told us about His future and ours; to refuse to read some of what He wants us to know.  
When I am in love with someone - especially Someone - I want to know everything about Him.  I want to know and understand it all - not just the things that benefit me at the moment.
But perhaps I misunderstood your comment.
Back to top Go down
theunknownpoet
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
theunknownpoet

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm

"Pilgrim" there are forks in the road and one must choose wisely. You're heading off course with this one Mariner, check your compass make sure it's working correctly, pointing true north?
With all Love in Christ brother.

This is a slippery slope, you stated "what need have 'I'?" really gotta' keep an eye on those wandering "I's" when addressing scripture "I's" are very out of place (ego).
Here is the exact source of the perception of a "twist" that critical "I".
This is what needs changing, you're not going to succeed in altering scripture but allow it to change you and work in you in all humility submitted servant and earnest in truth seeking.
You can't change "TRUTH", that's where the buck stops.

The exact opposite of a "revelation is a "deception" capische'?

Practice writing using we, us, them, and see how that starts to work in you here is an example of something my wife wrote...not a single capitol "I" in the entire piece:
The World’s Tiniest Violin-by jody s.
Twisted Revelation Worlds_smallest_violin21
Playing the tiniest violin
when faces turn and laughter abounds
A sad little tune as people point fingers
And scoff at the minute whine

But this song is not for them
It’s a Calvary song
See surprised and blank stares
Mouths agape

The band leader is here
And brought the trumpets
And drums with Him
Mighty is the sound

It shakes the very foundation
Feet rest upon
The woodwinds blow down
Trees rooted in the cold dark ground

The strings stroked by bows
Snap off puppets as they topple
Into the open earth
Returned to their master

Oh yes, the world’s tiniest violin
Only for a composer’s ear

See that, pretty cool huh?!
There are many "I's" used by satan vain-glory, self centered and self focused, very difficult to detect.

Simply follow what you have stated so eloquently in your very own post on this very same site in your very own words in a post entitled "Obedience builds our faith-by Probing Voice" (respectively)

"Listening to God is one thing – I hear his voice inside my mind.  But obeying God, this sometimes causes me to stumble.  The problem is doubt and ego. 
Doubt has to be worked on by slowly gaining trust.  Small steps in obedience builds our faith and the trust we have in God.  Daily we with God’s help chip away at are doubts and create a strong bind."

(can you accept help when it arrives, can you see it? recognize it?)

"Ego is hard to wrestle with.  When we think we know better or try to conform God in our own image we become blind.  This becomes a little tricky, because God gives us free will and the ability to choose out what paths we head down and many times God delights in us choosing our own direction.  But we should always be mindful for God’s direction.  On occasion he steps into our lives and places his desire before us.  When this happens pray that you can submit to his will with joy.
As Christians, obedience to God brings us a meaningful and happy life."-Probing Voice 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probing V., you seem to be waffling between faith and self-reliance, driving the bus or catching the scenic vista in the passenger seat? Ever notice how much more one sees when one allows someone else to drive the same old familiar everyday routes? "Hey lookee' over there, never noticed that house way back there and who knew that family had a Llama in their backyard?" The view changes dramatically!

The view changes from narrow focus to panoramic a much bigger picture emerges...:)

As a truck driver I don't have the option of a rear view mirror sometimes that is a very good thing!
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks unknown poet and reluctant baptist for your concerns.  However it is still my belief that Revelations does not march with the rest of the new testament.  it appears to be written by a demonic possessed man - definitely not John the beloved.  It should have been left out of the Bible.

If Lucifer were to try to deceive men, in what way might he accomplish this? Could there be weeds among the garden? Could something be written that would make us question our brothers? Are we certain of the text of which we have proclaimed to be God’s word?
I find the book of Revelation to be like choking weeds. It creates fear of the future and points to signs to come. How many people are seeking out signs for the end rather than the Kingdom. It is empty of God’s grace and love and instead promotes perfection under the law and reward to those who win the race. Jesus has won!!!
Of what value has the book of Revelation added to your relationship with Jesus? Has this book brought you wisdom and understanding or has it kept your walls up and kept you from being giving and loving to all people? Why was the book of Revelation given to men? Was it given to confuse, redirect our focus and cause us to stumble? Turn your sight back to Jesus and the ever present Spirit and live for the moment with God -let go of any thoughts to the future, except for anticipating more of God’s love.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:53 am

I don't understand..?
"If you are the God of God, then why do you need God?"-Ravi Zacharias
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:52 am

Say What?   What is Ravi Zacharias trying to say?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 pm

"Of what value has the book of Revelation added to your relationship with Jesus?"  Glad you asked, Probing Voice.

After all the battles, after all the evil unleashed by the evil one, Revelation tells me this:

"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
“Hallelujah!
    For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
 Let us rejoice and be glad
    and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
    and his bride has made herself ready.
 Fine linen, bright and clean,
    was given her to wear.”

These thrilling words give me confidence in the future, not a fear of it.

And this:

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Because of the Revelation, I know the certain doom of the counterfeit, unholy trinity - the devil, the beast and the false prophet - who have ripped me and countless other off.  Thrown into the fire once and for all.  Hallelujah!  Again, confidence, not fear.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
No more mourning, crying or pain?  Everything new?  God dwelling among His people?  Victorious inheritance?  What's not to love?
And finally this:

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb  down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.  No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever."
Remember the cherubim and the flaming sword flashing back and forth that God put in place to guard the entrance to the Garden at the end of Genesis 3?  Well Revelation tells me that Jesus will lead us safely through that gate and right back to the tree of life.  And I say, thank you, Jesus.  I love You. 
And most of all I love, love, love Him for this:
"Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.  And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”  But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.  I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside.  Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain..."
I read that and my heart wells with gratitude and awe, reverence and love.  A Lamb, looking as if it had been slain... I fall down and worship and my bond with Jesus is so much stronger knowing the condition in which He returned to the throne.
 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

If you were to throw out the Revelation, you would be throwing out some red letters - the very words of Jesus.  How can you say you love Him if you reject His words?
 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.  And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
There is a direct warning against tossing the words of this prophecy.
Jesus started to explain to His disciples what was going to happen to Him in the near future - about His suffering and death.  Peter probably thought he was doing Jesus a favor - showing love and loyalty - when he said, "Never Lord!  This will never happen to you!"  But remember what Jesus said?  "Get behind me, Satan!  You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."  I think He might be saying that to you as well.
I don't understand why you think the book of Revelation incites hate.  Unless you are defending your father:
"Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.  You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

I hope not.  I hope you are merely like Peter, being used by Satan because you do not have in mind the concerns of God.
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:12 pm

how has any of the above pulled you closer to God and his love?  Twisted words that bring you fear.  Read John then read Revelations and tell me they are the same author -not even close.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:52 am

No one has spoken of "fear" in relation to the Revelation to John but "you". Why is your focus on "fear", fear of what we don't understand? Fear is the exact opposite of faith. Don't speak for me or for anyone else if these are your views then they are solely your views. "Twisted words that bring fear to YOU!" Of course they do to YOU! And well that they should and do. I pray that they haunt you, pursue you, convict you, apprehend you, arrest you, bring you into true submission, taunts your every waking moment, interrupts your feigned attempts of a delusional peace, breaks the spell/trance you're under, rouses you awake, stirs your spirit, frightens the satan and HELL RIGHT OUTTA' YA!
Then...and only then will you know a Love that casteth' off all FEAR. But only if and when God wills it, not a moment before. In the meantime I suggest you find another playground for your devil's advocate games. If you continue along this blasphemous vein I will be left with no choice but to ban you from this site, I'm sincerely hoping that it will not come to that.

This is no refuge nor sanctuary nor source of succor for apostates.

You have received the body and the blood and show gratitude by defiling the Living Word of God and eschewing contempt for it, with what comes from out of your mouth and reveals your true heart.
You speak of works (deeds) and yet was not one sacrifice pleasing to God from Abel yet the other rejected of God from Cain?
You are under the strong delusion sent by God spoke of in 2Thessalonians 2:11
Obedience is above sacrifice (works or deeds) and is sorely, conspicuously, absent in your exchanges and personal views. 
Perhaps it might just be best to ignore you...and your postings can serve as an example of the dangers of following after one's own understanding.
Perhaps that is the reason that you are here, God wants us to know what disobedience looks like and where it has the potential to mislead us to, a deranged narcissistic inlook?
Romans 8:28
I choose to trust God's Word in it's entirety.
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:05 am

My focus is on fear because that is what this book teaches.  The author would have us believe that the end times will be horrific and that there is no hope for people to rise and seek out God's glory.  I do not defile the word of God.  I use reason and the Word of God written on my heart to release the truth.  If you feel the need to ban me so be it.  I thought this group was open minded and interested in seeking the truth.  I am not the only person to see this, Martin Luther also believed Revelations should not be part of the bible.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 am

Pay close attention to the bold red letters in this! Probing...

Why Martin Luther Rejected the Book of Revelation

March 5, 2009 at 2:00 pm 9 comments
Twisted Revelation Revelation_picture
(Picture copyright by Jacob Schriftman. Do not use without permission.)

The Book of Revelation contains one of the longest quotes of Jesus Himself—a quote, furthermore, that was supposedly written down only moments after He uttered it.
The Gospels were composed decades after Jesus’ life. It would be a mistake to read them as transcripts of Jesus’ teachings, as if the authors based their records on tape recordings rather than oral transmission. The author of Luke, for instance, simply said that he had done his proper research; he did not claim to transcribe Jesus verbatim.
John’s Revelation, on the other hand, does make that claim. Jesus appears in awe-inspiring power and tells John to write down what he is about to receive, and then He launches into a lengthy monologue. Here we have Jesus actually dictating part of the Bible to a human secretary.
Yet, what kind of a Jesus do we meet in these messages? Is it the same Jesus whom so many Christians have grown to love by reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? The Jesus who upset the religious purists by reaching out to sinners and rejects? The one who usually reserved His reprimands to legalists who thought it terribly important to eat kosher food and keep the Sabbath, while ignoring that God’s commandments were meant to help people?
It can be argued, and many Christians in fact have argued, that the Jesus of Revelation is quite a different Jesus than the one in the Gospels and in Paul’s letters. In the Gospels, Jesus condemns an overemphasis on purity, kosher living, as well as misguided religious zeal. In Revelation, He condemns the lack of purity, kosher living, and religious zeal. Legalism seems to have suddenly disappeared as an item on His list of concerns. In the Gospels, He wins over the sinners by accepting them with open arms; now He attempts to reform them by saying that they make Him sick and He will throw them up.
In a word, you could say there is a lack of grace in Revelation. Here, grace is reserved for those who deserve grace, which really makes it no grace at all. Grace means to get something you do not deserve—a theme that runs like a golden thread through the Gospels and Paul’s letters. In Revelation, some say, this golden thread breaks off. Now we are back to the concept of reward rather than grace: getting what you deserve.
That is why Martin Luther, the man who sparked the Reformation, said that Revelation is no prophecy from God at all and that “Christ is neither taught nor known in it.” He later changed his mind, but it seems that such was his view at the time when he distributed his ninety-five theses, which set the greatest shift in the history of the church in motion.
Are Christians today still at liberty to draw the same conclusion about Revelation as Martin Luther did? Or would they be then labeled by many of their fellow Christians as unbelievers, or at least as people spreading false teachings?

"One day Luther saw his children standing around a table, and he noticed how their eyes glistened as they looked longingly on a dish of peaches. "This," he mused, "is a pattern of those who rejoice in the hope ([url=http://biblia.com/bible/niv/Rom. 12.12]Rom. 12:12[/url]). Oh, if only we would behold the last day with the same happy and fond expectation."-this is beautiful edifying, inspired and real straight from the heart of a Loving father to his children his legacy to us all, Martin Luther.
I cannot stop the bird from flying over my head but I can keep it from landing on it.-Martin Luther

Romans 12:12
12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
With these three "gifts"...there is no use for fear. Save for the reverential fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom.

The Lord once spoke very clearly and tenderly to me these words "be gentle with my sheep"
It did nothing but confuse me, cause conflict within me...I wrestled greatly with this, it was as if a torment/ordeal trial upon me I could not bear and did not want because it baffled me, until...
I realized what He was truly saying to me "be gentle with "MY" sheep.
Not all are counted among HIS flock.
There exists no such obligation nor courtesy to the enemy's camp, this is a time of warriors for God's Truth!
Which are you?

Choose a side or suffer the arrows of a crossfire in the middle.

No one can make the choice for you, you can choose the Dove in your hand or the year's supply of horse manure "Monty Hall" is offering hidden behind the allure of the box the sultry model is caressing so seductively.
Back to top Go down
theunknownpoet
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
theunknownpoet

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:37 am

Choose Jesus and only Jesus and then argue semantics and theology with Him face to face if you are still so "bold".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:07 am

probingvoice wrote:
My focus is on fear because that is what this book teaches.  The author would have us believe that the end times will be horrific and that there is no hope for people to rise and seek out God's glory.  I do not defile the word of God.  I use reason and the Word of God written on my heart to release the truth.  If you feel the need to ban me so be it.  I thought this group was open minded and interested in seeking the truth.  I am not the only person to see this, Martin Luther also believed Revelations should not be part of the bible.

The end times will be horrific for a time - a time which has been cut mercifully short.  Just like labor is horrific for a time, and then a beautiful baby.  Or surgery, and then health.

"the Word of God written on my heart"  sounds like you are worshipping the God of your imagination.  If you are truly seeking understanding, read through the book of Jeremiah.  He says a lot about stubborn, deceitful hearts.
Back to top Go down
theunknownpoet
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
theunknownpoet

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:56 am

See what ya' started T.R.B., now I gotta' go and do an entire refresher on Jeremiah...yes I said: "gotta'"
that's what I'm receiving.
Wrassa' frassa' reluct... pain in the keestah' (@#&%#@%&) yeah...I know it's kickin' and groanin' but I follow...eventually:)

Lost Wings
Back to top Go down
probingvoice
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
probingvoice

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 am

I am sorry you all seem to weak to question your own faith.  Religion, the bible and Christianity are not perfect.  Only Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God the Father are perfect.  And I seek God's will and wisdom as I see imperfection all through out the book of Revelations.  I will pray that people overcome mental and spiritual blindness.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am

Did you mean to say "too weak?" or "to weak?"
Thanks be "to" God that I am not "too " weak to tap on this ban option.
You are the weakest link! Goodbye!
And all of your postings will be taken from view.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 am

theunknownpoet wrote:
See what ya' started T.R.B., now I gotta' go and do an entire refresher on Jeremiah...yes I said: "gotta'"
that's what I'm receiving.
Wrassa' frassa' reluct... pain in the keestah' (@#&%#@%&) yeah...I know it's kickin' and groanin' but I follow...eventually:)

Lost Wings
It will be time well spent T.U.P.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:17 am

That's where i'll be...:) Thanks, it really is hitting much harder this time round' i know i'd read it before because of the highlights but it must have been before i was ready!
Anyone care to continue discussing these thoughts? Anyone?
Crickets...???
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 am

I'll read it again, too.  A chapter a day.  Let me know if anything jumps out at you and smacks you in the face, warms your heart, elicits an amen or a kiss of the page.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:03 am

Oh, right off the bat...my face hurts...my cheeks are soaked, Amens resound. it's like I've never before read it...amazing!
So very applicable to the very discussion we've been having here.
Such a shame that the invitation to "read" was rejected by "probing" I really hoped:)
It ain't over for none of us.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Jeremiah-Chapter-7/
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 am

Jeremiah 9:8-9

8) “Their tongue is a deadly arrow;
it speaks deceit;
With his mouth one speaks peace to his neighbor.
But inwardly he sets an ambush for him.

9) “Shall I not punish them for these things?”
declares The Lord.
“On a nation such as this
Shall I not avenge Myself?

9:23-24

23) Thus says The Lord, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not a mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;

24) but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 10:1-16New International Version (NIV)

God and Idols

10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. This is what the Lord says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations
    or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
    though the nations are terrified by them.
For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
    they cut a tree out of the forest,
    and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
They adorn it with silver and gold;
    they fasten it with hammer and nails
    so it will not totter.
Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field,
    their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
    because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
    they can do no harm
    nor can they do any good.”

No one is like you, Lord;
    you are great,
    and your name is mighty in power.
Who should not fear you,
    King of the nations?
    This is your due.
Among all the wise leaders of the nations
    and in all their kingdoms,
    there is no one like you.

They are all senseless and foolish;
    they are taught by worthless wooden idols.
Hammered silver is brought from Tarshish
    and gold from Uphaz.
What the craftsman and goldsmith have made
    is then dressed in blue and purple—
    all made by skilled workers.
10 But the Lord is the true God;
    he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles;
    the nations cannot endure his wrath.

11 “Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’”[a]
12 But God made the earth by his power;
    he founded the world by his wisdom
    and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
13 When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar;
    he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.
He sends lightning with the rain
    and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

14 Everyone is senseless and without knowledge;
    every goldsmith is shamed by his idols.
The images he makes are a fraud;
    they have no breath in them.
15 They are worthless, the objects of mockery;
    when their judgment comes, they will perish.
16 He who is the Portion of Jacob is not like these,
    for he is the Maker of all things,
including Israel, the people of his inheritance—
    the Lord Almighty is his name.

Jeremiah 10:24
24) "Correct me O Lord, but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.
25) "Pour out Your wrath on the nations that do not know You
And on the families that do not call Your name;
They have devoured him and consumed him
And have laid waste his habitation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:20 am

Great selection of passages. 9:23-24 has always been one of my favorites.

I find 4:10 interesting:

Quote :
Then I said, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! How completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, ‘You will have peace,’ when the sword is at our throats!”

God had been warning them, warning them, warning them.  But they didn't listen to God, they listened to those who were saying what their itching ears wanted to hear.  And then God gets the blame, He gets accused of deception.  Just like with Adam in the garden, blaming God for his sin rather than blaming the deceiver.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:26 am

I have a real problem with people who pose questions when they are already firm in the belief of the answer only to set an AMBUSH for the unsuspecting well intentioned good Samaritan. Can you imagine the parable of the "good Samaritan" ending with the Samaritan's throat slit by a servant of satan disguised as a man in distress playing possum just waiting to pounce?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 am

I know what you mean.  People who ask questions but don't consider the answers they receive are not really interested in learning anything.  They accuse others of not having an open mind when their own is slammed shut.  No point in continuing the conversation.  I was scrolling through the posts tagged "Jesus" a week or so ago and I accidentally took the bait of a couple of atheists.  At first I thought, "Shame on them."  But now I'm trusting that God will use their bait to catch them.  Love that Fisher of men!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:52 am

Oh and ew, I'd rather not imagine that gruesome scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twisted Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Revelation   Twisted Revelation Empty

Back to top Go down

Twisted Revelation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-