Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Parasha: V'et'Channan (and I pleaded) DEUT 3:23-7:11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Parasha:  V'et'Channan (and I pleaded) DEUT 3:23-7:11 Empty
PostSubject: Parasha: V'et'Channan (and I pleaded) DEUT 3:23-7:11   Parasha:  V'et'Channan (and I pleaded) DEUT 3:23-7:11 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Parasha: V'et'channan (and I pleaded) 

DEUT 3:23-7:11.......ISAIAH 40:1-26.....JOHN 6: 1-71

This will be a quick parasha; Moshe is pleading with Adonai to "let him pass over to the promised land, yet the answer is NO.  Adonai says to him, "Speak to me no more about this matter".  His decision is final.  Must have been something serious.  

Well, if we remember back when the Israelites complained about the water, Moshe's sister Miriam had just died, so, we have a leader that is mourning, and hearing complaints, well, he just had it! he came to his wit's ends.  He and Aaron went to God in prayer, that was good, God told him "Speak to the ROCK" yet, Moshe let his anger get the better of him,  and said, "Are we to get water out of this rock too ye rebels?" and then struck the rock twice.  Water still came out, yet because of Moshe's disobedience, he forfeited entering the promised land.  

It wasn't the people's fault, they had a legitimate complaint, they needed water.  Adonai was merciful to them 
and gave them water.  yet God held Moshe accountable for his error, HE MISREPRESENTED WHO GOD WAS AND IS! 

The ROCK symbolizes YESHUA, who was struck, nailed, died, ONCE ONLY for our sins.  This was represented when long before, Moshe did STRIKE the rock, ONCE, and water came out.  This time, he was to only SPEAK to the rock.  Yet his anger got the better of him.

We serve a Savior who gave up his life ONCE ONLY for our sins, when we need to be comforted by him through his word, we need only to SPEAK to him in PRAYER, and he will give us LIVING WATER of his word, through his spirit.  

In chap 6 we see the "Shema" which reads;  "Shema Israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad"  what does it mean to us?  "Hear Oh Israel, Adonai is our God, Adonai is ONE"  

SHEMA:  "listen to, yet listen with the goal to obey and follow instructions"  ISRAEL; not only those that were back there thousands of years ago, it means those in Israel today, and those who are not in Israel, but are part of the great commonwealth of Israel, which ALL believers are part of.  ADONAI ELOHEINU:  Adonai is OUR GOD, He is OUR GOD if we choose to follow him, follow his precepts, commandments, and accept YESHUA who is God incarnate, as our Messiah and LORD.  ADONAI ECHAD:  the word ECHAD is ONE in unity. the other word that means ONE is YACHID which means UNIQUE.  YESHUA is YACHID because he is UNIQUE there is NO ONE ELSE LIKE HIM, yet he is also ECHAD, because he is part of ELOHIM.  In the expression of ELOHIM we have the FATHER, THE SON, AND THE SPIRIT, 

This is the basic creed of all Messianic believers, yet it is important to understand the deep meaning. 

Shabbat Shalom......Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down

Parasha: V'et'Channan (and I pleaded) DEUT 3:23-7:11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1