Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

New Testament, Not a New Covenant!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ron_evartt
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
ron_evartt

New Testament, Not a New Covenant! Empty
PostSubject: New Testament, Not a New Covenant!   New Testament, Not a New Covenant! EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor (This hasn’t happened! Are we not to teach?), and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (This hasn’t happened, because the works (Good and Evil) we do are being recorded in “The Books” for the Day of Judgment! Rev. 20:12-13, where ALL will be judged)

Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened (The recordings of every man’s works): and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

H5921    “IN” (Re: “write it “IN” their hearts”, vs. 33)
Properly the same as H5920 used as a preposition (in the singular or plural, often with prefix, or as conjugation with a particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always in this last relation with a downward aspect)…

Has this happened? (Verses following the New Covenant)
Jer 31:38  Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.        
Jer 31:39  And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.                                                             
Jer 31:40  And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more forever.(The city, “New Jerusalem”, is coming down from heaven)

(Compare vs. 33 with vs. 38 to understand “after those days”, “the days come” when New Jerusalem comes down from heaven.)

RE: “TEACH” (Do we still “teach” each other? Jer. 31:34)                                                

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Regarding the “Mosaic Law”)
Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:                                              
Mat 28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1Co 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1Ti 1:3  As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou might charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

1Ti 6:2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort
1Ti 6:3  If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.      
2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,                                                                
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;          
2Ti 2:26  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Heb 5:12  For when for the time you ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Concerning what is “waxing old and vanishing away”: (The Law is Eternal)
Isa 51:5  My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.  
Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be forever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.             
Isa 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.    
Isa 51:8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be forever, and my salvation from generation to generation.                                                                                                            
Isa 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?                                                                                               
Isa 51:10  Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?     
Isa 51:11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

Isa. 51:6 and Heb. 8:13 are both speaking about this old earth and its people “Vanishing Away”! Heb. 8:13 is referencing Isa. 51:6.

Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (After Judgment Day)                                  Heb 8:13  In that he says, A new covenant, he hath made the first old (A covenant with His people on earth is passing away, and then a new covenant where we are made to follow His Laws by our new nature). Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

The New Covenant is when He shows mercy towards the believer, and their sins and iniquities He will remember “NO More”! Does God’s Perfect and Eternal Word “decay, wax old, and is ready to vanish”? I PRAY NOT!!! This physical world and people are dying, not God, who is the Word, Law, eternal, and perfect!    

Evidence: (Repeated)                                                                                             
Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened (The recordings of every man’s works): and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.                
Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.                                                                                       

The “NEW COVENANT” is a future time after Jesus second coming and the judgment is completed, and after we are redeemed. What we received now is the “Better Promise”, the “Fulfillment of the Law”, written on flesh, JESUS! Our new Mediator, and the “Heart of Flesh” that is “above us, over us, upon us, or against us”! He gives us “A New Heart”, and that New Heart is Yeshua.

The New Covenant comes about like Hebrews says, “…Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away”.
Heb 9:15  And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. (This is referring to the “Sacrifice”)                                         
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator lives. (Perfect Lamb of God, salvation thru Him)          Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.   
Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, (Proves this is Re: “old sacrifices”)                                                                       
Heb 9:20  Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.                                                                                                                
Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.                                                                              
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.                                                         
Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices (JESUS) than these.

This shows a clear contrast between God’s Covenant and “The Testament of JESUS” (Shedding of blood/Death to receive His promise of eternal life, and to Him as the only sacrifice acceptable to the Father), and how Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, known as the “Better Promises”. He is the fulfillment of many prophets and prophecies, and the example of the Law.
Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant (Doesn’t say the “Mediator of the New Covenant”, because He made the Old Better!), which was established upon better promises.       

He is the Mediator of a “Better covenant”, because it now came from the Heart of God and not a man. God’s covenant with man has become much better. The WAY to eternal life is only through the Word, JESUS! The “heart of flesh”, or known as the “Spirit of the Law”, is now something we must “put on”, “put inside”, “be clothed with the wedding garment”, “the armor of God…”! The Law written on flesh (Jesus) is to rule above us, over us, upon us, or against us! Heart means the “center of”, and the Word/Jesus is the center (Heart) of God, known as the Heart of Flesh. Not a law on stone, but the Living Word as our perfect example. We must engraft (Implant) the Word! In the New Covenant we will become as He is, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”

What about 1 John 2:27? (Do we need teachers?)
1Jn 2:27  But the anointing which you have received of him abides in you (The Spirit of Truth they already learned and received), and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you (They were already taught), you shall abide in him.                                                                                                                        

If you put this (1 Jn. 2:27) into the context in which it is written than you would see that they were already established in the Truth (Walking in the Spirit), and they are being encouraged to remain in the Truth, keeping that “anointing” and not losing it.

SUMMARY:   

1) Have we been caused or made to obey (“do them”) the Law without being taught. No! This implies observing the Torah perfectly without ever learning what the Torah says.
2) Where He says, “I will remember their sins no more”, has this happened? No! There are the “Books” in Revelation recording all our works (Good and Evil) that “every man” will be judged by.
3) Has the Messiah’s city (The New Jerusalem) come down from heaven to remain forever? 
4) Jesus is the New Testament, the blood that was shed for the remission of sins, “the fulfillment of the Old Covenant”, and the only “Testament” (By a death) that was acceptable to the Father.

The New Covenant is our future hope, received when we accept by perfect faith the “Better Promise (Fulfillment) of the Law”, the “Heart of Flesh” or known as “the Word that became flesh in John 1:14”. We originally had the law written on stone and delivered by man, but then came Emanuel (God with us), and that’s why it’s called the “Living Word”, or Living Example.
Jesus is now the “Mediator” and the “Better Promise”, which is The WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE! Jesus is the Heart of God (Heart, defined as the “Center of: God”) as the Heart of Flesh. Father/Word/Spirit = The Word is the center of God. A Heart produces something, and He produced the perfect will of the Father. He mediates from Heaven at the right hand of the Father through the Spirit of His Word in our lives, if we choose daily to walk in newness of life, renewing our mind (Rom 12:1-2). He was that living example that showed us how to “Walk in Newness of Life”!

Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.                                                
Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Carefully read the rest of this chapter                                                                  
Jer 31:35 Thus says the LORD, which gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divides the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:                              
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, says the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever.              
Jer 31:37  Thus says the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, says the LORD.                                                  
Jer 31:38 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD (Rev. 21:2, 10) from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.        Jer 31:39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.                                                             
Jer 31:40  And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more forever (Rev. 21:2, 10).

Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.                                 
Rev 21:10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
(Vs. 38)The city of Jerusalem is coming down “out of heaven from God”!!!

New Covenant (Ezekiel):
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh (The true nature of Jesus).                                                                                                                   
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you (The true nature of Jesus), and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.!

This isn’t our current nature:
Vs. 27 cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Who has He “caused” (Defined “to make”) to do these things now without being taught? NONE!

Note: The “letter of the Law” was written on stone (Or ink), and to obey the “Spirit of the Law” is to walk as Yeshua walked, and who fulfilled the Law (Torah)! The Law never changed, and no new laws were added to the original Law that’s existed from the beginning. The Law must be taught, and it must be received and it must be obeyed for the covenant to exist. When we enter the New Covenant it will be our nature to obey it without needing it written, taught, or demonstrated by the Living Word, because we will be like Him.
I am sure that God never changes! If He changed man than He is stating He made a mistake. God doesn’t make any mistakes! Look around you and tell me, “what man is better or acts different than any man from the beginning”? Man has always been the problem when it comes to God and His “WAYS” (Past, present, future, and until the “end of days”)!

FEW WILL MAKE IT!!!
Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 

Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it
Back to top Go down

New Testament, Not a New Covenant!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1