Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. Empty
PostSubject: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.

The Gospel of John (20:7) tells us that the napkin, which was placed over the face of Jesus, was not just thrown aside like the grave clothes.

The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed at the head of that stony coffin.

Early Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance.

She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, 'They have taken the Lord's body out of the tomb, and I don't know where they have put him!'

Peter and the other disciple ran to the tomb to see. The other disciple out ran Peter and got there first. He stopped and looked in and saw the linen cloth lying there, but he didn't go in.

Then Simon Peter arrived and went inside. He also noticed the linen wrappings lying there, while the cloth that had covered Jesus' head was folded up and lying to the side.

Was that important? Absolutely! Is it really significant? Yes!

In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day.

The folded napkin had to do with the Master and Servant, and every Jewish boy knew this tradition.

When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it.

The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating,
and the servant would not dare touch that table, until the master was finished..

Now if the master were done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard,
and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table.

The servant would then know to clear the table.. For in those days, the wadded napkin meant, "I'm finished.."

But if the master got up from the table, and folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate,
the servant would not dare touch the table, because..........

The folded napkin meant, "I'm coming back!"

Let’s be ready for His return!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Wow!!! Awesome. That's so cool. It's funny how we look past so many things that are in the Bible. God is a literary master, and not one word was wasted in his Love story to us. I really enjoyed this one. What an eye opener!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 pm

My fiance sent it to me.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Wow, thank you for sharing that. I love new information, especially concerning the Lord. I can't wait to share this.
Back to top Go down
Skeeter
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
Skeeter

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I love that story.
Back to top Go down
LoriV
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
LoriV

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Another reason was because Jesus is a perfectionist! wink
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

He was perfect not a "perfectionist", if he were there wouldn't have been any hope for any of us. Even delusional paranoid schizophrenic narcissists know that, don't they?
Satan kept me in the dark for a very long time.
Perfectionist is synonymous with narcissist, you're not suggesting Jesus was a 'narcissist' are you?
Narcissist are incapable of love.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Very good point.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Glad you said it brother, cause perfectionism is a character defect I struggle with still, though not as much. It has caused me to sin so many times I can't begin to count. Also a text book narcissist as well.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:46 am

i can't make "a good point" on my own Lora or good anything for that matter. i am incapable of it but He can and Will if we wait.

Mark 10:18

And Jesus said to him,
"Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone."

Luke 11-12

"When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

The only time i worry is when trying to discern HIS voice from the background noise of worldly distractions...can be described as "panic" but only temporarily now.
Can't dwell in it too long and risk becoming separated again.

All Praise and Glory be to God.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 pm

dove fish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed.   Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed. Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1