Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

"Run with courage and walk away"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bryce.Adams
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Bryce.Adams

"Run with courage and walk away" Empty
PostSubject: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:27 pm

I miss you, more than you’ll every imagine because nothing in this world could hurt me more than this right now; you were my everything, but our lives changed and we went back to our respectives while I turned my back and completely ignored you for another. It was selfish and petty, because there was no guarantee, all things seemed so perfect in a few months that’s not how they’d be, and I would want it all back, everything we talked about and hoped for, all the pain that although was pain I snuggled up to with delight because pain with you is a happiness I have never been able to understand. I haven’t been able to write in months not even willing to attempt to put that pen in my hand because the last moment it left paper was the moment I threw it all away. It was the rain, the hard yet soothing pitter patter of my heart with yours as it came down on the red rocks that make the paths to our hotel rooms; at that time it seemed so far away being only 15 steps from you, and now its miles, so it feels like worlds apart as our lives unfold and I continually wish they would cross once more. There is nobody else in this very moment that I adore anywhere near as much as I do you, so many memories unforgotten that push my mind into places so bittersweet I can not help but jump in to the entire week of smiles and laughs like never before. Connection that everyone in their right mind dreams for but rarely comprehends the complexity of the correlated conjugation of lives that must take part; but everything happens for a reason and at this very moment I feel that God once told me no and has given me the thought to take courage and stand up for myself and my feelings for once and strive out, there is no other time that I have ever wanted to run away with a purpose and that purpose is you…to simply see that sweet smile look up at me in my arms and hear the sweetest most tender giggle as we discuss how messed up our families are. If there was ever a time to run away in courage I could only see that time as now. Throughout all the time I was away you missed me without me being there and as I ran back into your arms for comfort I only looked at myself in the mirror where I saw compassion and strength but now when I look up, I see a man full of pity and shame; I realize that now everything has changed, you no longer depend on talking to me, this pain is what you felt as I walked away in a direction completely unknown by the one who loves me most, as I crawl back in shame with guilt on my back it begins to rain and I can’t help but cry and fall and look up to a cloudless sky, I hear the crashing waves of the ocean on the rocks just off the shore and as the sun sets I can see you in the distance; my lungs run dry as I attempt to call your name without a sound escaping, my heart breaking, the unforgivable events that once happened to you to only go unheard as I turned and walked away, so you turn, and walk away…

-Found Creativity

This is one of my longer ones. I have been able to expand a bit more with a growing vocabulary. I don't really like rhyming the same thing too much unless its necessary for the poem itself. Watching the Rock Harbor Cataclysm slam, that is where I hope to get. I love slam, but I sometimes feel that mine are just a bit too short to perform. I love this site! haha
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Everyone's gotta start somewhere, and practice makes perfect. Have you tried practicing in the mirror? I think it will help a great deal. Love the way you spill your heart out on the paper. Keep working at it, and read, read read. Reading always helps to make us stronger writers.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Bryce.Adams
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Bryce.Adams

PostSubject: Re: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks. Yeah I have wanted to do that. I'm probably going to record a new one when I write it to post it for the slam area. =) Writing has always been an outlet for me. I'm glad you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
rhymarhyma
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
rhymarhyma

PostSubject: Re: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I absolutely love it! No doubt.
Back to top Go down
Bryce.Adams
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Bryce.Adams

PostSubject: Re: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am

thanks man =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Run with courage and walk away"   "Run with courage and walk away" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Run with courage and walk away"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: " />
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Poetry-