Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Coffee, Theology and Jesus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob McMichael
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Rob McMichael

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Coffee, Theology and Jesus Empty
PostCoffee, Theology and Jesus

Two of my friends and I have taken the task of making a blog together. Though we are all Christians, and agree on all the core issues, we have some different thoughts on other things and aren't afraid to question traditions and truth to discover God in a whole new way. Too often Christians feel it is not ok to question God or seek truth for yourself. I think that is what the Bible was intended for and since God is the arbiter of ultimate truth, seeking truth in Him is fundamental in growing. We don't question the existence of God of course, but we question why we believe what we believe. We seek to know God in a more intimate and personal way and that is ultimately achieved in the setting of open and honest questions desiring the knowledge of truth.

Follow our blog and we welcome your comments! Many of the things posted may be controversial but we want comments from everyone! We need you to wrestle with us in our pursuit of truth.

Thank you,

Rob

Coffee, Theology, and Jesus <- CLICK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rob.mcmichael
Share this post on: reddit

Coffee, Theology and Jesus :: Comments

vinedresser
Re: Coffee, Theology and Jesus
Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:16 am by vinedresser
Rob, love the idea and concept. Searching together is a great way to open avenues of understanding. One must be very careful when going down certain paths of study to not let the world and secularism twist and distort the fundamentals. One thing we must all keep formost and in sight all the time is one's personal relationship with God. We can learn everything there is to know about everything, yet without that relationship, it would all be for naught. Jesus said that "we must come to Him, as little children" even our intellegence and knowledge can't get in the way of what God wants from us. RELATIONSHIP That is why we were created. Remember, our relationship with Him is what brings Him the glory and honor that the devil wanted. Hoo=Ahh. Blessings
Rob McMichael
Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:52 pm by Rob McMichael
Carl Diles wrote:
Rob, love the idea and concept. Searching together is a great way to open avenues of understanding. One must be very careful when going down certain paths of study to not let the world and secularism twist and distort the fundamentals. One thing we must all keep formost and in sight all the time is one's personal relationship with God. We can learn everything there is to know about everything, yet without that relationship, it would all be for naught. Jesus said that "we must come to Him, as little children" even our intellegence and knowledge can't get in the way of what God wants from us. RELATIONSHIP That is why we were created. Remember, our relationship with Him is what brings Him the glory and honor that the devil wanted. Hoo=Ahh. Blessings

Thank you for that amazing reminder! We welcome all input on the blog because we want it to be open for discussion so we can all learn about God together. I am definitely the most conservative out of the three authors so our dynamic can sometimes be clashing, but I think that is a great part about it. We can disagree on some things while not being at each others throats haha. As you said, our relationship with God is what is MOST important and the reason we were created, to worship our creator! To have a relationship with Him! Amazing!

Post  by Sponsored content

Coffee, Theology and Jesus

Page 1 of 1