Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Doug Blair

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid? Empty
PostSubject: Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid?   Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Psalm 27:
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

I can still hear the powerful tenor voice of Larnelle Harris pounding out this lyric, and repeating "the Lord is the strength of my life".

Dear believer, have you the witness of his all-capable fathering of you? Do you see it in the scriptures? Do you sense it in the hidden man of the heart? Does He come with calm in the midst of a storm? Does He leave you laughing at your strategies when you neglected Him? Does He bring to your recollection the many rescues and guiding impressions. Does a strange word of comfort or assurance startle you in the night?

Toward the end of the Psalm the writer states, "13. I had fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living". I will repeat it... "in the land of the living".

Goodness of this Lord?

Did he not shepherd the massive Exodus from Egypt with Moses?
Did He not engulf the armies of Pharaoh in the sea?
Did he not enter into David's stone launched at Goliath?
Did He not cool the flames of the furnace meant to kill the three Hebrew youths?
Did He not sculpt that twisting cordillera that you flew over on your holiday?
Did he not whip up the angry storm on the open bay and then, just as easily, bring it to a calm?
Does He not delight the oriental farmer with the patter of rain for his only crop?
Does He not know the time of calving of that Holstein in the Oxford County field?
Does he not observe the hungry young ravens which cry from the cedars?
Does he not soothe the jagged nerves of staff in the Emergency Ward?
Does He not paint the soothing glory of the evening sky?

And this Father and his goodness are yours, and yours for good. Of whom then, shall you be afraid?

Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1