Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vinedresser
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
vinedresser

SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE Empty
PostSubject: SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE   SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am

A short psalm of David that says so much. Vs 1,2,4&5 are praise and thanksgiving, but I want to focus on vs 3 for a moment, " Know ye that the Lord he is GOD: it is HE that made us, and not we ourselves; we are the HIS people , and the sheep of HIS pasture." David didn't say hear, but, KNOW that the Lord he is God. Every individule will have to come to that understanding for themselves, and that will only happen when we prove HIM to ourselves. He dares us to in Malachi 3:10. It's not just the tithe, but our lives He wants us to live, IN HIM. We are the His people(in His likness) and the sheep of His pasture. He wants to lead and guide us in and to the best there is, and that will only happen in His pasture. Everything we could need, or really want, will be found there. Tell me what you think. Blessings
Back to top Go down
JoeT
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
JoeT

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

PostSubject: Re: SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE   SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Yes a very packed verse 3 in between praises
a brave witness by David that we can learn from
thanks for bringing that out Carl

I was just doing some online banking so this line really impressed me

It's not just the tithe, but our lives He wants us to live,
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE   SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Absolutely. It's that Ah, Ha moment we all need to discover. I remember it very clearly for myself, and since then, I've wished there was some easy way to help everyone else see it, until I realized that that's the Holy Spirit's job. Great message!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE   SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE   SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE Empty

Back to top Go down

SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: