Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Knowing the person in the mirror

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doncece43
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
doncece43

Knowing the person in the mirror Empty
PostSubject: Knowing the person in the mirror   Knowing the person in the mirror EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

This is something I shared at a youth group meeting.

Have you ever looked into your mirror with thoughts dancing around in your head wishing you were more like some of your friends? Thoughts like, “They seem to have it all together: good looks, good hair, flawless complexion, much taller than I, cuter figure, and more likable.” The list is endless for what we perceive as a positive in others and lacking in us. It is easy to touch up our outward appearance to look and act as if we have it all together. This is nothing unusual; we all do this to some degree. Your friends may be wishing they were more like you.

When we start comparing ourselves with wishful thinking, we never seem to measure up and see ourselves as good enough in our comparison. We all have a desire to be accepted and popular within our group of friends. In your effort to be accepted you may try to project an image that is more to their liking and hide the real you. When you do this you are concealing who God created you to be. You are depriving us of your beauty, a beauty so unique that the angels in heaven sing praises for such a gift given to the world. You are a gift and must remain true to your gift.

You’ve heard the saying; “They broke the mold when they made you.” That’s a true statement. There will never be anyone just like you ever again, never. Remove your camouflage image and let the world see you with all your potential just waiting to be released. Embrace your dreams and cling to the desires inside you. Declare your intentions to God, and you will begin to experience his presents in your life. It will happen, and you will never be the same. Ready yourself for your great adventure.

As you blossom into the real you, your friends may look and wonder who this person is. Some may try to discourage you by speaking negatively in an effort to derail your transformation into the person they see developing. Jesus said we are to love everyone; this is expected from each of us without exception. There may come a time during your transition to consider the possibility of loving some of your friends from a distance.

There’s a story in the Bible where Jesus was asked to give life back to a little girl who had died. The girl’s room was full of people who were mourning her death. When Jesus arrived, He said to the people, “The girl is not dead; she’s only sleeping.” When those in the room heard this, they began to laugh and jeer at Jesus. What He did next is significant to us. He showed them door. He asked them to leave the room. Only Peter, James, John, and the girl’s parents were allowed to stay as he performed the miracle of bringing her back to life. Jesus didn’t stop loving those he ask to leave the room; his intention was to remove all the negative thinking from the girl’s room. The Bible has many stories where speaking and thinking negatively has stymied and prevented someone from moving forward and miss what could have and should have been a rewarding experience for their life.

Friendship is the basis of all fruitful love. If some of your friends are not giving you the encouragement you need, you may find it necessary to follow Jesus lead and show them the door. You can help them, pray for them, love them and remain their friend, from a distance. You have a life to live and a mission with your name on it. Connect with people who love you and are willing to help you reach your destiny. You and God make a majority; still, you will need support from those closest to you if you are to reach your full potential in life. A good friend will build you up with “can do words”.

When I made the decision to become a follower of Christ, I had friends trying to discourage me with statements like, “Your fun days are over, big mistake. You’re going to lose some of your best friends because of this decision.” That was 36 years ago, and I still have no regrets in my decision. In your future you may hear similar words spoken by some of your friends.

Life is short, time is too valuable, your destiny too great to allow anyone to run interference and keep you from receiving what God has in store for you. God wants nothing more than to encounter you as the person you are, your true self. You need to be a good friend as well, encouraging your friends to reach their destiny; by doing this you will experience a stronger connection of love and friendship develop between you.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the most of it. There are no rewinds or do over’s in life. As you progress on life’s journey you’re going to make some mistakes. Bad behavior and wrong choices is something we’re all guilty of. The good news is, when you invited Jesus into your life, you became connected to God. Feelings of hatred, jealousy, pride, lust, greed, and fighting can be replaced with the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, peace, joy, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, kindness, and self-control. The Holy Spirit comes as a Spirit of love. The Holy Spirit is our bridge to God. He is our constant resource and companion. Pray and seek his guidance in helping you make the right decisions for your life.

We live in a world that wants and expects results quickly. Prayer is not like text messaging or emailing a friend. You may not have your response so quickly. God looks at time differently than you and I. Do not become overly anxious while you wait. We can force a caterpillar cocoon open, by doing this before its time we harm the beautiful butterfly living inside. Leave everything to God, without exception. He hears every prayer and is never late in answering our prayers. Give Him time to speak to you and reveal His will. You will receive an answer to your pray in due time.

Let me share a story of how we sometimes assume nothing is happening when a long period of time has passed with no response. I have a friend who lived in L.A. She came to Portland on a job interview. Weeks went by not a word back from them. Later in a conversation with my friend she said, “I didn’t get the job.” I asked, “Did they explain why?” Her response was, “I haven’t actually heard from them. It’s been so long ago since I interviewed for the job, I just figured it’s not going to happen.” A short time after our conversation, she received a call telling her she had the job.

It can be the same when we pray. We think, “It’s been so long, and nothing is happening.” Have faith and trust God. He will not disappoint you. As you become more comfortable praying, you will begin to discover how much God loves you and wants to be included in your life. You will want to share with your friends how God is helping you in making good choices for your life. Don’t be afraid to share your story with your friends. It may be the most important message you will ever share with a friend who might be experiencing difficulties in their life. In doing this you have become a massager for the Lord. Believe when you pray, and you will experience the power of the Holy Spirit. You will see positive changes take place in your life. Your earthly friends tell you, don’t worry I have your back. Jesus is telling you I will be with you every step of the way; I have your back.

You have a destiny to fulfill and a mission with your name written on it. All heaven is watching in anticipation at the great things God will do through you! Others may do a greater work, but you have your part to do; and no one in all God’s family can do it as well as you. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future,” Jeremiah 29:11. Are you willing to be the person God wants you to be? You are like the caterpillar in the cocoon; the world is waiting and watching to see the beautiful butterfly that you will become.

When you leave today go look into your mirror and see the beautiful person God created. Like King David in Ps 139.14 you will say, I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.

To the parents, your faith in the Lord must be passed on to this next generation. Passing on godly heritage is the most important thing you can do for your children. Distractions in our daily life’s can divert attention away from the home, leaving it vulnerable, Pay attention. Spend time with each member of your family. Speak words of encouragement into their lives. Let your praise come quickly and often with their accomplishments. Stand ready to nudge them in the right direction as they move forward in life. By doing this they will know like Jesus, you also have their back.
Thank you and God bless you

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the person in the mirror   Knowing the person in the mirror EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am

I bet you received a huge response from that. I have two teenage boys, and another that is fast approaching it. I often comment, "when they turn into teenagers, they turn into aliens from another planet." I know in my heart that it is because of what you are saying here. At that age, they are into self-discovery and it can be very stressful for them and their families. I am so glad you are reaching out to our youth. They need it!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
voiceoftruelove
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
voiceoftruelove

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the person in the mirror   Knowing the person in the mirror EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 am

This is a wonderful message. Oh! that it would sink into the deepest corners, nooks and cranes of our beings how extraordinary we are each made to be, and the glorious purposes we have been set apart to do in our generations.
Back to top Go down
http://voiceoftruelove.wordpress.com
sheryl
sheryl

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the person in the mirror   Knowing the person in the mirror EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 pm

all i know is jesus never fails..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the person in the mirror   Knowing the person in the mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

Knowing the person in the mirror
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1